Sign in to follow this  
JREarly

Who would you take as your #2 QB? Please take a minute to vote!

#2 QB  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as your #2 QB?

• Russell Wilson
    • Josh Freeman
    • Andy Dalton
    • Alex Smith
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick

I need depth at QB and these are the only guys left who I would consider taking. Very standard league. QB's get 1 point for 25 yards passing, 4 points for a passing TD, -1 point for interceptions, and -2 points for fumbles lost. Of course, they would get 1 point for 10 yards rushing and 6 points for a rushing TD.

I am leaning towards Wilson because I feel that he has the most upside if he wins the starting gig. He is on a team with a good defense and a good running game. I thought Freeman could have a good year with the additions of WR, TE, and OL help but he has looked shaky this pre-season and their offensive lineman went down last night I believe. Smith is on a good team with good targets in the passing game. Dalton and Fitzpatrick are at the bottom of my list. Thanks for voting guys!

Call me crazy but I think Smith might have a good year with his new WRs and added help at RB. Plus VD knows the scheme and will be more helpful as a receiver this year. Thanks for mine.

Thanks for the responses and votes! I agree that Smith could put up decent numbers as a high QB2 or low QB1 this year, then again, I am a 9ers fan :headbanger:

I have decided to pick up Wilson and see how the first few games plays out. If he gets the starting gig and puts up decent numbers I will keep him but if not I can always come back to Smith, Fitzpatrick, or Dalton.

More votes and explanations welcome, of course!