Sign in to follow this  
BigBlueCane

Should I pursue this trade? Talk me off the ledge....

...Or tell me to jump.

Here are the basics: 12 team IDP keeper league. We keep 7 offensive players and 2 defensive. Scoring is typical...no PPR TDs are 6 points.

Here are the pool of players my 7 offensive keepers will come from:

Aaron Rodgers

Mark Ingram

MJD

Larry Fitzgerald

Hakeem Nicks

Vernon Davis

My 7th Keeper is between Jonathan Stewart, Pierre Garcon and Leonard Hankerson

I currently have the 1.6 pick in the first round. I am also a big Giants fan and hurricanes fan. I'm extremely interested in RB David Wilson and through some questioning I know he won't drop to me at 1.6.

An owner in our league currently holds the 1.1 and 1.2 picks overall and has made it clear he wants to get a QB in one of those picks either Luck or RG3. My biased mind is thinking of offering Aaron Rodgers for 1.1 and 1.2 where I would then go ahead and draft Andrew Luck and David Wilson. He also has Blaine Gabbert and Rivers and I would also push to have one of them included in the deal.

My question is: Is this insane? Is it wise to rely on the potential of Luck when I probably have this generations Dan Marino? Also how wise is it to pass up Trent Richardson to get David Wilson?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

...Or tell me to jump.

Here are the basics: 12 team IDP keeper league. We keep 7 offensive players and 2 defensive. Scoring is typical...no PPR TDs are 6 points.

Here are the pool of players my 7 offensive keepers will come from:

Aaron Rodgers

Mark Ingram

MJD

Larry Fitzgerald

Hakeem Nicks

Vernon Davis

My 7th Keeper is between Jonathan Stewart, Pierre Garcon and Leonard Hankerson

I currently have the 1.6 pick in the first round. I am also a big Giants fan and hurricanes fan. I'm extremely interested in RB David Wilson and through some questioning I know he won't drop to me at 1.6.

An owner in our league currently holds the 1.1 and 1.2 picks overall and has made it clear he wants to get a QB in one of those picks either Luck or RG3. My biased mind is thinking of offering Aaron Rodgers for 1.1 and 1.2 where I would then go ahead and draft Andrew Luck and David Wilson. He also has Blaine Gabbert and Rivers and I would also push to have one of them included in the deal.

My question is: Is this insane? Is it wise to rely on the potential of Luck when I probably have this generations Dan Marino? Also how wise is it to pass up Trent Richardson to get David Wilson?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

I think you should not do it. Don't get too excited about a couple of preseason games. Aaron Rodgers is a sure thing, Luck is not. David Wilson is a backup running back with potential. Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL. With a lesser pt. per TD format, I'd consider it, but with your format, no way.