Sign in to follow this  
JSteinle4

RB Help!

3 Pretty good options. To answer your question better I think you have to determine if you are looking for a short term fill in or a long term option. As of today it is looking like Fred Jackson will practice tomorrow and CJ Spiller has a chance of playing Sunday which indicates he could definitely be back in 2 weeks. I see choice being a good handcuff for those players and maybe a good 1 week flier. Thomas and Williams I like better, Thomas being the better play for the next 1-2 weeks and Williams being the better option for the rest of the season. The good thing about both these backs is they are playing behind RBs that always get hurt. The cardinals are legit and I think Williams will get better as the season goes on whereas Daniels will be good but I think Bush comes back in a week and takes the bulk of carries back

I would go

Williams

Daniels

Choice

3 Pretty good options. To answer your question better I think you have to determine if you are looking for a short term fill in or a long term option. As of today it is looking like Fred Jackson will practice tomorrow and CJ Spiller has a chance of playing Sunday which indicates he could definitely be back in 2 weeks. I see choice being a good handcuff for those players and maybe a good 1 week flier. Thomas and Williams I like better, Thomas being the better play for the next 1-2 weeks and Williams being the better option for the rest of the season. The good thing about both these backs is they are playing behind RBs that always get hurt. The cardinals are legit and I think Williams will get better as the season goes on whereas Daniels will be good but I think Bush comes back in a week and takes the bulk of carries back

I would go

Williams

Daniels

Choice

Thanks for the reply. Also just noticed that Fred Jackson is still available. Would he be even better option then Williams? Looking for someone more long-term. My RB Situation is kind of a Mess right now with McFadden(week 5 bye), McGahee(injured), Deangelo Williams and Peyton Hillis(injured). Would be dropping Hillis for either Williams or Jackson.

Thanks for the reply. Also just noticed that Fred Jackson is still available. Would he be even better option then Williams? Looking for someone more long-term. My RB Situation is kind of a Mess right now with McFadden(week 5 bye), McGahee(injured), Deangelo Williams and Peyton Hillis(injured). Would be dropping Hillis for either Williams or Jackson.

Not sure how Fred Jackson is available but pick him up...now!

Not sure how Fred Jackson is available but pick him up...now!

Somebody dropped him when they found out about his injury. The only thing I worry about with Jackson is Spiller. He was playing great when he got hurt are they going to make it a 50/50 split when he comes back?

That's understandable. I think you can go with jackson or williams. Just keep in mind that Spiller and Jackson can both be very productive in a 50/50 split. Think of Spiller as a Jamaal Charles type player and Jackson as a Thomas Jones player from 2 years ago. 2 completely different back who can complement each other and both be successful.