Sign in to follow this  
Patrick977

Pick 2 - Leshoure, SJAX, Sproles (WHIR)

In a 17 week league so this week is our opening playoff round. My team was #1 through Week 11 but have been a free fall of late. RB is a big weakness but I consider all three of these at least considerable starting options this week.

League has distance scoring (longer TD = more points), 100 yard bonuses, and double TD value for scoring out of position (i.e. RB catching a TD is worth double)

M. Leshoure (at ARI)

S. Jackson (vs. MIN)

D. Sproles (vs. TBB)

Right now I'm leaning Leshoure and Sproles. Leshoure because Arizona is unbelievably terrible and Sproles because while Tampa is good against the run, they're terrible against the pass and that's where Darren comes in.

Sproles has scored in 5 of his 10 games this year, and went over 100 yards receiving in one of the ones he didn't, so he's been in double points 6 of 10 games. If you believe in these sort of things, he hasn't scored at home since the season opener, a span of three home games (KC, San Diego, San Fran).

My real point of fear is in leaving SJAX on the bench. Of the three, he's the only one with a guaranteed workload, but I also consider his matchup the least favorable of the three. I believe there is also greater potential of the running game becoming a non-factor in that game should Peterson run wild on the Rams (he will) and stake them to a large lead.

Please advise! Leave your link and I'll hit you up too!

In a 17 week league so this week is our opening playoff round. My team was #1 through Week 11 but have been a free fall of late. RB is a big weakness but I consider all three of these at least considerable starting options this week.

League has distance scoring (longer TD = more points), 100 yard bonuses, and double TD value for scoring out of position (i.e. RB catching a TD is worth double)

M. Leshoure (at ARI)

S. Jackson (vs. MIN)

D. Sproles (vs. TBB)

Right now I'm leaning Leshoure and Sproles. Leshoure because Arizona is unbelievably terrible and Sproles because while Tampa is good against the run, they're terrible against the pass and that's where Darren comes in.

Sproles has scored in 5 of his 10 games this year, and went over 100 yards receiving in one of the ones he didn't, so he's been in double points 6 of 10 games. If you believe in these sort of things, he hasn't scored at home since the season opener, a span of three home games (KC, San Diego, San Fran).

My real point of fear is in leaving SJAX on the bench. Of the three, he's the only one with a guaranteed workload, but I also consider his matchup the least favorable of the three. I believe there is also greater potential of the running game becoming a non-factor in that game should Peterson run wild on the Rams (he will) and stake them to a large lead.

Please advise! Leave your link and I'll hit you up too!

I agree. I have Leshoure and Sproles also. I actually traded SJAX for Sproles earlier this year and haven't looked back. Sproles has a higher upside. I'd roll with Sproles and Leshoure like you said. Detroit could get a decent lead and run the ball often as well giving you some garbage time with Leshoure. I don't like SJAX, I think he's old and slow. His upside is similar to Leshoure's tho...for me its a tough call between Leshoure and SJAX but if it was me, I'd play Leshoure confidently.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=414791