Sign in to follow this  
Dagbeast

Super Bowl D choice...

Pros / Cons

Seattle

Pros - Home crowd, weather(?), performance at home, defensive game, rookie QB (but didn't show it at NE)

Cons - mobile QB playmaker, both starting CB's possibly out

Houston

Pros - Home crowd, Ponder sux, good run D (well, not lately)

Cons - Peterson

Both of these teams are still competing, as well as their opponents, so no real pros or cons there.

Thoughts?

Seattle definitely is without one corner and probably two. That is HUGE. The only bright spot here is that this was an ugly, low-scoring game last time, and probably will be again. However, it's the more dynamic Colin Kaepernick in for the 49ers now, so that could still change, too.

I know Peterson is going to do all he can to crush it, but the Texans aren't the Rams or a banged up Packers defense. When they put their mind to it, they're a tough group. I'll bet Peterson still gets 100+ and a touchdown, but look at Minnesota's total production in his run of awesome games:

their ineptitude in the passing game makes it easy to box up on AD. he will break one or two, but mostly the Texans should contain him. and I definitely don't think a team that one dimensional can hang 30+ on a Texans team like they somehow did on the Rams.

with Seattle's corners both likely out, I'd lean toward Houston.

From what I saw on TV it seems like they are saying the sample was tampered with one of the CB's tests so at least they will delay his suspension for another game so they can investigate more.

You have to go with the hot hand Seattle and they are at home. Houston isn't a bad option, but look at the numbers Seattles defense has put up the last two weeks.

answer mine!!!!!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=415188