Sign in to follow this  
theADDICT

Bench my top pick CJ Spiller...

Will Gio keep it up though is the real question. I still think Spiller gets his normal amount of carries in this one. Unfortunately he's going against a touch Ravens D. I like Spiller over Gio this week.

I benched Spiller and didn't think twice about it. A bunch of low ball trade offers came in the next day. I'm not giving up on him, but I will not lose games keeping him in my starting lineup.

I'm hoping he gets out of his funk while my team is still in playoff contention.

If your only reason for keeping him in the lineup is because he was your #1 pick, then I think you can't be afraid to make a move. I benched my #1 pick Trent Richardson this week and it was hard to do, but it was the right call and it paid off.

Though I do think Spiller vs Bernard is a tough choice. Spiller has been in full practice this week and seems healthy, but it is a tough Ravens defense and Fred Jackson has been splitting the work.

The biggest thing working against Bernard is that the Bengals insist on splitting time with Green-Ellis (a columnist on this site compared rushing with Green-Ellis to just taking a knee), so if Bernard has a big upside if they wise up and make him the workhorse back, but who knows when that will be. Also, Cleveland's defense isn't as good as the Ravens, but they are tough defense against the rush as well.

Opinions are mixed, but most of what I'm reading suggests Bernard is a better choice this week than Spiller.

Here's mine. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=424312