Sign in to follow this  
Tacks

Buy low on Spiller? (Moreno straight up)

I've been offered Spiller straight up for Moreno. PPR league. Current backs are D Martin, Moreno, MJD, Pierre Thomas, and Zac Stacy. I'm thinking no better time to sell high? Free agent pick up for a 1st rounder.

I don't think I would make that trade. Who says Moreno doesn't keep things going? The big knock on him is his injury history but Spiller seems to be dinged a lot too. As long as Moreno is the number one back in that offense he would be in my starting lineup and I would not look to trade him.

Preseason draft value doesn't mean anything once the season starts, but yeah, do that. I don't think FJax will keep up his early season production and he will probably get hurt at some point. Spiller is the future of the Bills and they will give him every opportunity to shine.

I've pulled off multiple trades like this for underperforming studs, so if they ever live up to their names my team will be unstoppable in the second half. This strategy doesn't always work, but sometimes it's just fun to rosterbate to my weekly lineup.

I would keep Moreno for a few reasons. The bills have a rookie QB right now and are going to pound the run even more now. So teams can stack the box without fear of the pass. It's going to lead to harder running for spiller. Not to mention he's splitting carries with Fred Jackson who has outplayed him all season.

Moreno is in a good position. He plays with Peyton....defenses have to much respect for Peyton and can't stack the box....he would carve them up. This creates better space for Moreno. Even though he shares the backfield with ball and hill an, he's the best pass blocker. I think Moreno continues to have a good year.