Sign in to follow this  
Dsausage

What type of value does Patterson- Rogers have into playoffs?

Is Cord Patterson or D Rogers as a WR3 hold more value as a start then a Cecil Shorts type wide receiver? Do you start these guys in the flex or WR3 for more upside?

Probabably both boom or bust types, but this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BOXvx85_mZY/UpuIi66dCyI/AAAAAAAA80A/Cguuxwc2PwU/s1600/5.gif

got me salivating with AP almost certainly out and Gerhart not practicing yet this week due to his balky hammy. Im thinking (hoping really) Patterson gets 20 or so touches on screens, reverses, wildcat plays and maybe a couple of straight up running plays, like in the gif. Im starting him in my PPR league as a Welker replacement over Burellson and D Hopkins, both of whom have been far too inconsistant for my tastes. Plus i am playing the highest scoring team in the league and i am likely going to need a couple of BOOM players to save the day for me.

Its hard to evaluate Rogers on one game, but its also hard to imagine Rogers being any worse than the third option behind Hilton and Fleener. My Colt friends think Droppius Heywad Bey is done, and Rogers will be option 1B behind Hilton this weekend.

• Like 2

I thinking about starting Patterson over Cecil Shorts as well. Cecil is nursing a sore hammy, would have had an awful game last week without the lone touchdown, and just isn't very exciting. Patterson on the otherhand is exciting (see the gif above) and will be the primary playmaker on the field with AD, Carlson, and Gerhart all hurting. Vikes are also playing in a dome, so no chance of bad weather impacting the game.

South Carolina killing it on this thread. I went to Coastal Carolina and used to hit up Colombia game weekends. Great town.