Sign in to follow this  
Ray Lucas

Josh Gordon Keeper Conundrum:

My league just drafted this year and we decided on having a two player keeper league. The usual keeper league rules will apply, where they can keep a player at the cost of where they were drafted the year before. The biggest issue right now, is on Josh Gordon. He was initially drafted in round 11 of our league before the ban had actually occurred. Once news broke that he was suspended for the year, he was dropped. A couple weeks later, a team picks him up as a FA.

Long Story Short: That owner is arguing that he should get Gordon at the price of the last round draft pick, because he was dropped and on Waivers like everyone else for weeks and at the disposal of everyone else to pick up. Though some guys are saying he was drafted in the 11th round, and that's his price for next year's draft.

What's the general rule of thumb in regards to players who are drafted, but are later dropped and/or pass through Waivers?

The keeper league I played in went by the rule that once they were drafted in a round, that was their keeper cost. But I could see arguments either way; I don't think there's a right way.