Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

My waiver pick-ups for week 4 - mostly about WR bargains

My first installment of this was for Week 3 games. Here is the URL for anyone who is interested: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437244&hl=waiver

Week 4 pickups were mostly about WRs, and there were a lot of bargains. One reason I was able to acquire so cheaply this week is because a number of player (Miles austin, Brian Quick, CJ Anderson) were not in demand due to their week 4 byes. I take that into account when deciding how much to bid for a player. As I mentioned, all of my leagues are blind bid waiver systems with open FCFS immediately after. BTW,my definition of deep leagues is 12 team leagues with roster sizes of 20 or more offensive players.

Team 1 - Deep semi-dynasty PPR league with IR ($100 season budget): I acquired Denarius Moore for $4. Eddie Royal for $2, Stevie Johnson and Rod Streater were free open FCFS pick-ups after blind bid waivers were opened. The reason i picked up Streater is to place him on IR when he becomes eligible and then drop M Lewis. I dropped Jonathan Grimes, Danny Woodward, Anquan Boldin and Andre Roberts to make room for these additions. Stevie is now getting more targets in the slot than Boldin, and i expect that to continue. See my stat trend comparison of these two players in rallo's scoop and play thread - http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437585

Team 2 - Deep dynasty PPR plus return yardage league with developmental taxi squad plus IR squad ($1000 season budget) I acquired Miles Austin for $31 dropping Woodhead. For my 5 player Developmental squad, i picked up Austin Davis (for $41) and CAR RB Darrin Reaves for free, dropping NYG WR Corey Washington and DAL WR Devin Street. My other developmental squad players are MIA WR Jarvis Landry, HOU TE CJ Fiedorowicz and Kenbrell Thompkins

Team 3: Deep standard scoring keep 10 keeper league with $1000 annual budget: I got Brian Quick for $53, Owen Daniels for $41. Denver RB CJ Anderson was free after waivers were opened. I dropped Jonathan Grimes, Jaquizz Rodgers and (again) Anquan Boldin.

Team 4: 16 roster spot PPR keeper league, no bells or whistles with $1000 season budget:: I made only one add, spending $53 for Allen Robinson. My team is loaded here but I threw in a bid because i like him so much. i sure didn't expect to win the bid.at that price. Since I didn't want to lose any roster talent and this league allows me to play with an open position, I dropped my kicker, Matt Bryant. I can always pick up a kicker and figure out a position player drop before the late Sunday afternoon game if I don't have a big point lead over my opponent at that time.

I don't think ill make any more moves before Sunday, but I'm never done making roster changes till gameday.