Tipping question / observation.  When I go out to eat, I generally tip 20-25% unless the service is just so horrendous that it warrants lower.... A lot of the time I just round up to make my bill an even $ amount. At bars I usually tip at that high end 25%. And of course, when I have food delivered, I tip well.  My issue is, tipping when I have called in an order, for pickup, and drive there to get my own order. Usually this happens with chinese / pizza places where I call in a pickup order to grab on my way home from work / golf / etc and the place is on my way. Or a quick stop at a fast casual place like a Jersey Mike's...  Kind of like "why spend the extra money on delivery if it's on my way home?"  So most of these places now have the screens they flip around to you to sign, but before the page where you sign, it asks if you want to leave a 15%, 18%, 22% etc or NO TIP.  I always hit NO TIP but feel slightly like a jerk. Chinese places do it with their receipts giving little boxes to check off for the percent tip you want to leave and I will ignore those and write down my total as the total of the food.... but why should I feel like a jerk? Essentially you are asking me to tip for doing your job / providing the service of your business. This should be covered in the cost of the food. If i'm sitting down and being served, absolutely. If someone is delivering my food, absolutely... but you want me to tip you for cooking my pizza and placing it in a box??? Isn't that covered in the cost of my pizza because making pizza is your business?  1. yes I expect replies calling me cheap, especially troll replies 2. curious is you guys tip on simple pickup / walk in orders where you are not receiving any additional service? Did you do so before the heavy push to fish for tips (i.e the screens when you sign that are trying to guilt you into it)?