Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Just the tip

There are different pay structures for front and back of the house (cooks vs servers).

I tip 20% whenever there is an option to tip. 

39 minutes ago, peenie said:

I tip 20% whenever there is an option to tip. 

Unicorns do exist.  :shocking:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

There are different pay structures for front and back of the house (cooks vs servers).

Says who? And why?  The whole tip things gets under my skin.  As a business owner I must pay a competitive wage, not rely on customers to pay my employees.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Says who? And why?  The whole tip things gets under my skin.  As a business owner I must pay a competitive wage, not rely on customers to pay my employees.

I prefer the tipping. I like the waiters being incentivized to work their asses off. Either way they get the money from the customer. If they pay waiters $20 an hour, then the food and drink prices go up. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Cool.  Change the system. Europe has a different pay system for the restaurant business than ourselves. I would have no issue changing to it.  Some restaurants have tried but it is difficult because of the ways each government works with health care. 

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

well that's different. I don't really order from chain pizza places and would view them like I view McDonalds. 

I was talking about local pizza places where I know who I spoke to when I placed my order... and again, all that person is doing is taking my order when I call and ringing me up when I pay. Someone else is cooking the pizza, who I would also not be tipping if I was dining in. My tip would be for my server. Maybe they pool the tips, maybe not.. that's not my concern. 

Either tip or don't tip, but all this rationalization or questioning about how much they make or who gets it is stupid.

• Confused 1

I only tip Americans. Unless they have nose rings, lots of tattoos and green/pink/blue hair/frosted hair and all that other crap. I donate food to the local food bank though. This is America. We don’t let anyone go hungry.  

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I only tip Americans. Unless they have nose rings, lots of tattoos and green/pink/blue hair/frosted hair and all that other crap. I donate food to the local food bank though. This is America. We don’t let anyone go hungry.  

how do you know if they're American?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

how do you know if they're American?

A real American knows. I flash them the OK sign and see if I get it back. 

• Haha 1

Also, as someone who volunteers to feed people, we appreciate your donations, even if it is expired sh1t from your pantry that you were going to throw away anyway

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You don't know sh1t

Humorless twerp. Angry   

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Either tip or don't tip, but all this rationalization or questioning about how much they make or who gets it is stupid.

1. Rationalization is part of life we rationalize everything we do. I started the topic because I was curious how other geeks handled it and their reasons why

2. I’m not questioning how much anyone makes. Just a simple observation that delivery drivers and waiters/waitresses count on tips, which I give because I am being served. Those people are not serving me when I pick up 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I tipped 10% ahead of time while placing my order for curbside pickup (last weekend) and they forgot to include the French fries.  So I had to go in, find her, tell her she forgot the fries and wait.  No more pre-tip, or probably no tip at all for curbside pickup.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I tipped 10% ahead of time while placing my order for curbside pickup (last weekend) and they forgot to include the French fries.  So I had to go in, find her, tell her she forgot the fries and wait.  No more pre-tip, or probably no tip at all for curbside pickup.

Is that like pre cvm? :unsure:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is that like pre cvm? :unsure:

Whitch is why they have reseviors on the tip of rubbers. 

25 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Whitch is why they have reseviors on the tip of rubbers. 

Dated this stoopid biotch blonde in HS. My. Rushmore of my hotties list. Just dumber than sweet tart at the bus stop. I call her.  She answers. Me :Why are you screaming???  Her mom calls later. Mom: She answered the phone with a a q-tip in her ear!!! 

On 10/27/2022 at 10:17 AM, IGotWorms said:

Doubtful but so what if it were true? :wacko:

Why would a person voluntarily give money to someone that is better off than they are?

28 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why would a person voluntarily give money to someone that is better off than they are?

So if the bartender made more than you, say back when you were young (in the 1800s), you wouldn’t leave a tip? :thumbsdown:

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So if the bartender made more than you, say back when you were young (in the 1800s), you wouldn’t leave a tip? :thumbsdown:

Correct, there was a time when every bartender was better off than I was. Why would I give them my rent money.

tipping is an American thing, I don’t get it but I guess It makes some people feel good.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Correct, there was a time when every bartender was better off than I was. Why would I give them my rent money.

tipping is an American thing, I don’t get it but I guess It makes some people feel good.

Pretty lame imo. If you couldn’t afford the tip, get a six pack and stay home 👎