Sign in to follow this  
kristv

DOHHHHHHHHHH! 12th pick again in the draft!

Okay, we stopped doing keepers this year, but I've got the 12th pick in the draft again (12 team league). Assuming everyone is smart and takes a RB, do I go RB/Manning with my first two picks? All of the great RB's will likely be gone by my pick, so I'm not sure what to do. Scoring leans more towards TD's. QB gets 4/pass, 6/rush, 1/25yds, 300yd bonus. RB's get 6/TD, 1/20 ru., 1/20 rec., 1pt/2 rec.

I'm assuming the following RB's will be gone:

LJ

LT

SA

Portis

Barber

Jackson

Brown

Edge

Jordan

Cadillac

Rudi

Do I go Westbrook and Manning, or what? I'm not high on any of the rest of the RB's, but I believe Manning will match any of the first 11 RB's (or do better) than them on a consistent weekly basis. Thanks for your input. Leave a link and I'll answer yours. :D

WOW that is tough!! Hear are a couple of questions that need to be answered. How many rb's will be off the board when you draft in the 3rd round. Will most teams take 2 rbs in the 1st round. If that is the case you would almost have to take a rb. NOw if you think that 18 or 20 rbs will be gone by the time you draft again in the 3rd round I might think about taking Manning and steve smith because I really dont think there is much difference btw Westbrook the 12 rb and say J Lewis and Dunn, C Taylor, Willie parker.

It is a real tough spot. If you think mostly rb's will go in the 1st 2 rounds then you are forced to take Westbrook, or Mcgahee.

Good Luck!!!!!

I'd def go with Manning and probably West over McGahee. Manning is going to be great; indy's goign to rely on the passing game this year. However, with all the great RBs off the board, you may have to get West/McGahee to fill your role with RBs. It may hurt you if you wait til the 3rd round to try and get Dillon/Lewis/Droughns/Foster/Dunn. It's risky, but if you're willing to gamble on one of those players, take Manning

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222537

I have that same problem

I got the 11th pick.

Im thinking about going (Manning Holt) or (Holt S.Smith)

I just think you can find two quality rb's in the 3-4 round

Someone like

Taylor

Droughns

Bell

Green

Dunn

Benson/Jones

one of the rookie rb's

ect......

GL2U

I have the same problem. I have the 9th pick, and 12th pick in a 10 man league. I should get a descent rb with the 9th pick. My league always goes running backs in the first round. If Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, Rudi Johnson, Lomont Jordan fall to me at the 12th pick I will select them. I do not expect this to happen. That leaves Brian Westbrrok, Dominick Davis, Willis Mcgahee, Julius Jones. They just have to many questions. I will select Peyton Manning, and come back with a rb with my 29th pick. I just believe that with Westbrook and below their is to many questions. With Peyton Manning you know what your getting. It is tougher situation for you with the 12th pick being your first pick. I believe if I was in your position I would go with Manning, and then your highesr rated wide receiver. Chad Johnson, Steve Smith etc. At least you will start with the highest rated players at anouther position. Maybe you will start a run on wide receivers. You may have a shot at Reggie Bush, Jamal Lewis, Willie Parker, Cory Dillion, Chester Taylor falling to you. I just do not think that these guys would be that much of a dropoff.