Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Am I in trouble?

Okay, first-timer who did a 10 team Yahoo draft in preparation for my most important draft tomorrow--the workplace draft. Pretty standard scoring. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF. NOTE: Ignore my signature for the purposes of this league

I drafted 6th.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner

RB: Steve Jackson, Lamont Jordan, Joseph Addai, Deangelo Williams

WR: Hines Ward, Santana Moss, Eddie Kennison, Matt Jones, Antonia Bryant

TE: Randy McMichael, Ben Watson

K: Olindo Mare

DEF: Cincinnati

Would love comments from seasoned players, as I am eager to do well in the workplace draft tomorrow.

Thanks

Not bad.. QB's are the weakest part of your team and I don't love the wide outs.

Decent squad

Yeah, I see that my QBs are a little on the weak side, unless Roethlisberger still has statistical upside and Kurt Warner doesn't go downside on me.

Regarding receivers--to tell you the truth, I'm not in love with them either. It's possible for my receivers to have a good season collectively, but I think I have a lot of uncertainty at the receiver position.

I really appreciate your words.

Top 2 RB's are solid with good potential with the last 2

Top 2 WR's are solid as well but weak after that but potentail with Matt Jones

QB's have good upsides but injuries?

TE's are solid but really only need 1 so I would have gotten another RB or a higher QB or WR if they were still available at your 2nd TE spot. I don't know if you got sucked into a TE run or not if you did wait on TE for better RB, WR or QB. After top 2 maybe 3 TE's it's a crap shoot that are even and could get even talent later in the draft. This happened in my draft and got Cooley 5 or 6 rounds after everyone else and got equal talent to them and better pick at another spot.

TE's are solid but really only need 1 so I would have gotten another RB or a higher QB or WR if they were still available at your 2nd TE spot. I don't know if you got sucked into a TE run or not if you did wait on TE for better RB, WR or QB. After top 2 maybe 3 TE's it's a crap shoot that are even and could get even talent later in the draft. This happened in my draft and got Cooley 5 or 6 rounds after everyone else and got equal talent to them and better pick at another spot.

Thanks dalie. So it's best to consider tight end as a disposible position--waive the season starter and pick up a replacement on the bye week? I didn't feel like I got sucked into a TE run--drafted McMichel 7th round. But you're saying to wait on tight end later than that and treat it as a disposible? That might have improved my roster--I could have gotten a running back cuff/sleeper. I'd like to go back and see what I missed out on in the second QB position and the 4th WR position.

Thanks again!

TE's not disposable, but flattens out value wise after the first three or so.

After Gates, Gonzo and Shockey (maybe Heap) are gone, value takes a quick dip and the overall season point differential in the couple of tiers isn't worth an early pick.

I agree that another QB or WR would have been a better pickup (probably).

Understand also, that it's really tough to be really strong at all positions.

I agree. You dont need two TE's.

your team looks okay. Two very capable RB's to start. Your backups have good potential, but I dont know if you can count on one of them to step in if one of your starters gets hurt week 1. They are more likely to put up numbers in the second half of the season.

I'd drop your TE and pickup a RB on waivers if you can.

Guys I'd look for on the waiver wire:

Barlow

Rhodes

Warrick Dunn

TJ Duckett

at least one of these guys can be counted on for yards in game 1 or 2 in the event of an emergency. He will cover the bases until one of your other backups emerges as a legitimate fantasy option.

You're not in trouble, as long as you can find a QB off the waiver wire (injury troubles). Who's available? I'd drop Ben Watson to grab a Billy Volek or someone like that.

Good luck!