Sign in to follow this  
gauleyt

Keeper help...can't decide

The set-up:

10 Team league (1/2 PPR)

Snake Draft - I won it last year so have #10 & #11

Keep 2 players - lose your draft pick according to the round in which the player performed last season

- Last seasons #1-10 = 1st round

- #11-20 = 2nd round, etc. etc.

QB heavy league, so they occupy #1-10...dumb I know, but I can't convince the other owners to change the scoring system

Starters

2 RB's

2 WR's

1 Flex - WR/RB

1 Flex - WR/TE

- Obviously start at least 3 WR's, possibly 4, so they're valuable

The dilemma:

Who do I keep? I've got the following players: Antonio Brown (2nd rounder = #11 pick), DeAndre Hopkins (3rd rounder = #30 pick), Allen Robinson (3rd rounder = #30 pick), Amari Cooper (7th rounder = 70th pick), and LeVeon Bell (17th rounder)

My initial thought is to keep Bell...great value for a RB. Can't really beat a top 5 back for a 17th round pick. I want to keep Brown, he's the consensus #1 overall player. Would Hopkins or Robinson be better values 20 spots lower? Cooper is an absolute steal in the 7th, but I think he's out of the discussion. He should end up around the #10-12 WR this year, but not top 5 like Brown, Hopkins, or Robinson will. I think they're just better values there.

I'm not sure what pick I'll have in the 1st round, but I doubt too many QB's are going to be kept. Looking over other rosters, there is only one team that I think should keep their QB, so I would be picking 9th. Won't be much left for RB's in that situation, so Bell becomes very valuable. If I don't keep Brown, I would be able to pick 2 WR's at #10 & #11...but am I losing too much? If I keep Brown, I've only got 1 pick in the top 29...so won't be much top flight talent left by the time my 3rd and 4th round picks come around.

Bell is a definite keeper. After that, Brown is too big of an advantage to give up for one round of difference.