Sign in to follow this  
Blue Balls

? with pick

In a PPR league with #2 pick. I'm gonna pick S Jackson and another RB in second round. Do I take my 3rd RB in 3rd RD like Edge or B. Jacobs or C. Benson, or do I take a top-flight WR like Holt or Harrison?

This is highly dependent on how many RB you start. If you start 2 RB, I would definitely look at a WR in the 3rd round, especially considering this is a PPR league. If you start 3 RB, I would look at a RB. In picking #2, the drop off would be vast in picking a RB in the 3rd round vs. the 4th round. With that being said, if Edge is left to you in the 3rd round regardless of how many RB you start, take him in a heartbeat. The situation is definitely more favorable in Arizona this year and he is a good receiving back.

WR is my pick IF it one of those or better. But if Edge is there in the 3rd staring right at you, I could see wanting to pick him.

WR

You take the best available! If you have a guy like Peterson/Lynch as your second back then maybe it's not a bad idea to go for another rb. I would take a wr though. If you start two rb's and two/three wr's, you'll be able to grab a top ten wr with that pick.

You take the best available! If you have a guy like Peterson/Lynch as your second back then maybe it's not a bad idea to go for another rb. I would take a wr though. If you start two rb's and two/three wr's, you'll be able to grab a top ten wr with that pick.

If he drafts Peterson/Lynch in the #2 our advise won't help him much anymore. :overhead:

In your situation I would look what is left before making my 2nd pick. There is only one guy with two picks between your 2nd and 3rd. You should be able to assess how big your changes are of getting a good #2RB or #1WR in the 3rd round. If it is your turn in the 2nd and there are 3 comparable RB's (Benson, Edge, T. Jones) left and only one top WR (like Holt), you should pick Holt in the 2nd and pick the remaining RB in the third. The same principle works the other way to ...

Take the BEST WR you can in the 3rd round... especially if its a PPR league...

Don't leave yourself with slim pickins WR's towards the end of the 4th round... you'll end up with Hines Ward, L. Coles, or even Braylon Edwards as your #1 receiver! You want that?

http://my-football-diary.blogspot.com/