Sign in to follow this  
chtrich

? on how Compiler computes the % from each site

Mike,

I've entered in stats for sites B & C. However, some players that are in site A (FF Today) don't have values for sites B or C (this applies especially to defensive players). I just couldn't find any more resources.

If I ask the compiler to rank players based on a 34-33-33% spilt of sites A, B, & C how does it account for the players that have no stats on site C? Should I just re-copy A or B (or the average of A & B ) into the empty spots for site C or can the compiler adjust for this?

The same question goes for if I wanted to use data from 2002, 2003, & 2004, but some of the players weren't in the league in 2002 so they have blank values for those years. Does this hurt that player or does the compiler know how to adjust for this?

Thanks,

Chris

It hurts them. It takes blank stats to represent 0. I can see how that would happen on the defensive players because there is such a wide difference in opinion on them.

Although this is a bit of a task, what you can do though is change the key for individual players by running down the column with heading... hmm... it says on mine "Default % Key" but only because the row is covering up "Non-" at the beginning. The column right beside the Team Depth column on each position tab.

So if I manually insert a different # into that column it will look for that # key instead of the # key used for all the other players?

This way I could use sites a,b,c for offense and then enter a different key # for the defensive positions and use only sites a,b without any problems right?

Thanks!

Chris

Yep, exactly! You'll see the % change right there for each player so you're sure you have the right key in that you want to use.