Sign in to follow this  
stick

League Status

Hey guys, I need to announce my resignation from XDL, both as commish and as an owner. Congrats to Scorp on your ring...I was planning to go out on top, jerk. :-) It's been a great run for the Razor Spikes. Two championships, a 20- game winning streak, lot's of high scores, blockbuster trades, and a few runner-up finishes to boot. I'm especially proud of my three- year rebuild that has netted my current juggernaut. I wanted to give you guys enough notice to find another commish and handle the off-season issues before the draft in May. Finding a replacement owner shouldn't be a problem. I think Stick has some ideas on possible replacement owners. Using the FFToday board is probably the best bet right now with Dr.J out of pocket. It's really been a fun league for a long time, thanks in no small part to Dr.J's hard work as well as a lot of great owners. But I've spent way too much time these past 7-8 years. I'm making a renewed commitment to being a husband and father this year, and unfortunately I'm not disciplined enough to make that work alongside fantasy football. I'm also planning to read a book a week in 2008--quite a lofty goal even for a reader like myself! Anyhoo, good luck to you guys. It's been a pleasure. TyCobb (Jim)

After this email, we have alot of issues to discuss. I have some long time friends who have played for many years and would love a chance to get into a league like this. Two of them I have spoken to at great length over the years and consulted on a regular basis on moves for me to make or not make. What are you guys thinking we should do from this point on? I honestly have mixed feelings. I would even entertain revamping things and redrafting? Let me know what your takes are on it.

~STICK

I think we just find a new owner for Ty's team.

No sense to redraft in my opinion.

I agree with Scooby. We'll find another owner to take Ty's spot without a problem since his team is stacked. There is no reason for a redraft.

I think we just find a new owner for Ty's team.

No sense to redraft in my opinion.

With DrJ leaving also, i still think we just find 2 new owners and have them with pick which team they would like or have them do a dice roll for who they get to pick. Either way, both teams are very good and we should have no real problem finding 2 owners

Im fine with that and have 2 friends that are interested. Whos going to commish though?

~STICK

Im fine with that and have 2 friends that are interested. Whos going to commish though?

~STICK

I nominate.....

~ Stick

:mad:

I'd rather not, then who would I complain too? How bout Topes. :thumbsup:

~STICK

No on your life. I am down to two leagues, and commish the other one. That's enough.

It puts me near burnout already. All I can do to keep in the two leagues.

I've considered leaving my XDL squad this offseason, as well. I'm pretty certain I will not. But that's still a matter that's up in the air for me.

I like my team, though, and I still have my 2009 draft class intact.

With DrJ leaving also, ...

???

'zat official? My e-mail address at the MFL site is correct. I'd rather not post it here (spam).

The crazy ironing is that Ty will be leaving just when Bethel Johnson finally gets a chance to bloom..!

???

'zat official? My e-mail address at the MFL site is correct. I'd rather not post it here (spam).

Got an email from him in replying to Ty leaving and he said he was done alos.

Got an email from him in replying to Ty leaving and he said he was done alos.

Yeah DrJ is leaving too.

~STICK

Yeah DrJ is leaving too.

~STICK

I haven't seen any of these emails either. My email address is also correct on the site. Get me in the loop on this...

I'm game for replacing both and continuing on. I'll volunteer to commish, especially since I'll likely get the site for free once again. Should be pretty straightforward.

And all that said, I wish Jason and Jim the best. It's been a lot of fun playing with these guys. Hopefully we can all stay in touch.