Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Waiver pick-ups for week 6 - targets and opportunities

Again, here are prior weeks pick-ups beginning with week 3:

wk 3 - http://www.fftodayfo...37244&hl=waiver

wk 4 - http://www.fftodayfo...37753&hl=waiver

wk 5 - http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=438242&hl=waiver

You probably have noticed a few trends about my blind bid waiver pick-ups, and also my free agent pick-ups immediately following. First, I study and track targets by wide receivers every week. I avoid adding players who have a great stat line on only two or three targets in favor of picking up players with steadily increasing target progressions or those who consistently get 7+ targets per week. Secondly, I am opportunistic in my player pick-ups, preferring to hit plentyt of singles, instead of spending most of my annual budget on one or two potential 'home run' players.

Many owners will only bid on one player but i bid on several. I'll also place multiple bids on the same player, but offering a different dropped player for each bid. Another way I'm opportunistic is by being at the computer when bids are opened. i often find the best things in life are free. Sometimes it seems that everyone is bidding on the same flavor of the week (this week it was Branden Oliver) and they entirely leave the second bests around to be taken for free (see team 4 where I gobbled up Ronnie Hillman after bids were opened)

This week, in addition to my pick-ups, I decided to show what the top bid player in each league went for.

Team 1 - Deep semi-dynasty PPR league with IR ($100 season budget): I only picked up Andre Roberts for a $3 bid, dropping the CLE D/ST. His 5 week target trend is 3-5-6-5-9. Meanwhile, Ronnie Hillman went for $81 against the $100/ season budget, while Tim Wright went for $35.

Team 2 - Deep dynasty PPR plus return yardage league with developmental taxi squad plus IR squad ($1000 season budget). It only cost me $22 to pick up A Roberts in this league, while dropping Stephan Taylor. In addition, I acquired for free S Hauschka and developmental squad player RB Trey Watts, while dropping P Dawson and my previous devy squad pick-up Brian Tyms. T Wright went to someone else for $651 in this league.

Team 3 is my deep standard scoring keep 10 keeper league with a $1000 annual budget: I scored Benny Cunningham for $66 and Storm Johnson for free, while dropping Darrin Reaves and Marcus Wheaton. Someone else got Branden Oliver for $575 of teher total budget.

Finally, in Team 4, my 16 roster spot PPR keeper league, no bells or whistles with $1000 season budget, I hit paydirt. While others only had eyes for Oliver, I spent none of my money (as i didn't bid nearly high enough for Oliver), but I literally stole Ronnie Hillman, Mohamed Sanu, snd the NEP defense for free after bids were opened. i dropped Donald Brown, Jordan Mathews and the CLE D to make room.. Another owner stepped up and got Oliver for $250. And with AJ Green a likely multi-week injury, Sanu was just the frosting on the cake. BTW his targets were on the rise before AJ Green got hurt, with a 5 week trend of 5-4-8-8-9.

So that was the extent of my activity this week. I've got good competing teams and healthy waiver bid balances in all of my leagues to spend for the rest of the season.

Good luck to all this weekend.

I also do the multiple bids on one player thing. It can be a pain setting up 7 or 8 claims for just 2 or 3 players, but it's worth it.