Sign in to follow this  
celloshane

Who to keep

I can protect 2 players in my 12 team keeper league, but if we select two players of the same roster position, or two players eligible to play the same position, then our first draft choice cannot be that same position. I've got 3 RB's worth saving; Julius Jones, Cadillac Williams, and Fast Willie Parker. Also, although he's not in the same scale as the others, I have always enjoyed having Antonio Gates on my team. I have the 3rd pick in our upcoming draft (traditional snake style). Would it be too risky to keep Gates and another, hoping for a better RB to be available or should I concentrate on grabbing a quality WR in the first round?

I wa the most heavily loaded team on RB's last year, so it's possible that the other teams could all choose to keep all the quality RB's but it's impossible to say until keepers are declared on draft day.

Can you forecast who you'd keep for the other teams? That way you'd have an idea of the handful RBs that could be available and compare their value to your 3. At a minimum you should be able to get one of those two guys back at #3. Given all this, I'd do as the previous post and keep Caddy and Gates.

Thanks for mine....

Actually as of last night it looks like our commish is going to ask that we have keepers declared beforehand. I'll try to get some projections posted, but maybe by the end of the day I can say who's sure. At the least, I expect the top ten backs to be gone.

If you have the 3rd pick in the draft and release two of your RBs back into the pool, you're almost guaranteed to at least have the option of picking one of them back up. Also, keep in mind that if both teams in front of you keep 2 RBs, then they can't choose a RB before you either.

It's all simple game theory. Keep Gates, release FWP and JJones back into the pool. You'll either get one of them back or a better RB.

If you have the 3rd pick in the draft and release two of your RBs back into the pool, you're almost guaranteed to at least have the option of picking one of them back up. Also, keep in mind that if both teams in front of you keep 2 RBs, then they can't choose a RB before you either.

It's all simple game theory. Keep Gates, release FWP and JJones back into the pool. You'll either get one of them back or a better RB.

I agree. Keep Gates and Cadi. You can get someone from the same RB tier with your first pick.