Sign in to follow this  
Durka Durka?

Help with big trade

Ok so i just got offered Dante Stallworth and Kellen Winslow Jr. for Marvin Harrison. I THINK I want to take this but im really not sure, and heres my thoughts:

Positive:

--Winslow is a huge upgrade at TE for me over Heath Miller

--Harrison gets too few redzone targets with all of indy's options (Fletcher?) although im sure he will still have double digit tds

--Stallworth will be just as good as Harrison when he's fully healthy, and I can wait for him because my team is 5-0

--doesnt stallworth, a johnson, t holt, g jennings and winslow look better than harrison, a johnson, t holt, and g jennings?

Negative:

--Will Stallworth be out for a really long time?

--Even when he comes back, dont hamstring problems linger all season?

--At 5-0, do i really need to take this risk?

I feel like Stallworth's production is the main concern here, because i know what harrison and winslow will do. any advice?

I would never trade for a guy that is currently hurt and unknown when and IF he'll be able to play 2 more games in a row...let alone at all.

Winslow looks to be the real deal, but to pass on Harrison just cause of the slower start in TDs (he has the yards) is not good. If you are - go after a better WR than a banged up Stallworth.

See mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243527

I would never trade for a guy that is currently hurt and unknown when and IF he'll be able to play 2 more games in a row...let alone at all.

Winslow looks to be the real deal, but to pass on Harrison just cause of the slower start in TDs (he has the yards) is not good. If you are - go after a better WR than a banged up Stallworth.

See mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243527

stallworth has had the injury bug his whole career. and as an eagles fan, it kills me how little he has played so far. a lot of potential, but seems to be on the sidelines too much. yeah winslow is doing very well, but marvin is still a stud. id hold on to marvin or try to squeeze another wr in the trade instead of stallworth

tough call since your winning. I would atleast wait until after this week ends to accept the trade. If you accepted it this week you would have marvin and jennings both on bye. Think about what other TEs are available to you on the waiver wire. Your WRs get a lot better from this trade but you downgrade a TE. Miller can still be serviceable to you though.

If you can get a better w.r. do it. Winslow is a stud that will get better as the Browns Offense gets better. They suck now, but they got the right pieces in place. Also, if it is a keeper league you may want to pull the trigger as well. If it is a re-draft league and you are 5-0, keep what you have.

Here is my link. Thanks:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243509

OK, id like to change the question. Do you think if I accepted this trade, I would be in a better position to win once the playoffs start in weeks 15 and 16?

If you have to start a TE, Winslow is a better option than Miller. But I would not trade Harrison for Winslow, and as of now, with stallworth hurt, that's what you'll be doing. Besides, it wouldn't give you any more options to start this week. If you could get a different WR, it would then be worth considering

As of now, I like the schedule better for Indy's passing game as well

You're 5-0, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243460

As of now, I like the schedule better for Indy's passing game as well

You're 5-0, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243460

It is VERY early to say this, but here goes:

NE, CIN, JAX, SD, will all win their divisions, leaving: BAL, PIT, IND (yes I know they're 5-0 but it's not gonna last), DEN to battle for two remaining playoff spots.

PHI, CHI, CAR, SEA win the NFC divisions, leaving NYG, ATL, NO, StL to battle for the 2 remaining spots

At this point, concerning your trade, only IND and PHI really matter. Even if Stallworth were healthy, I doubt he'll see as many balls once the Eagles have locked up the division(Fantasy Playoff time)

If you look at MacGegor's Strength of Schedule calculator, as of now, it's easier on PHI in weeks 15, 16, 17

But, taking my (too early to really tell) predictions into account, PHI and CIN won't have as much need to win as IND, negating the poor match up for IND in week 15 vs CIN

This is all very far fetched speculation at best. I'm certainly not psychic. But that's my reasoning for saying that I like IND's schedule better

But, for all i know, Manning or Harrison could pull a Cory Lidle and crash their planes into a sky scraper next week(God i hope not!)

Yet again, thirsty thursday has left me rambling

That's all i have to say about that