Sign in to follow this  
staypuft29

Rate my team

Okay we have kind of weird scoring, so you might want to read our settings sort of carefully: we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1K, 1TE, 1DEF (so basically one more player than normal)

Scoring is as follows:

Passing

6 points for passing touchdowns instead of 4

-2 for interceptions

.2 points for completions (1 point for every 5 completions)

Rushing

Rushing yards are 1 point per 10 yards (instead of 20 yards)

6 points per touchdown

Receiving

1 point per reception

1 point per 20 yards

6 points per touchdown

12 team league, snake draft.

(11) Willie Parker

(14) Travis Henry

(35) T.J. Houshmandzadeh

(38) Larry Fitzgerald

(59) Reggie Brown

(62) Braylon Edwards

(83) Jon Kitna

(86) Fred Taylor

(107) Dallas Clark

(110) Alex Smith

(131) Jerry Porter

(134) Michael Turner

(155) Minnesota

(158) Josh Brown

(179) Arnaz Battle

Or, sorted by position:

QB: Jon Kitna, Alex Smith

RB: Willie Parker, Travis Henry, Fred Taylor, Michael Turner

WR: TJ Houshmandzadeh, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Jerry Porter, Arnaz Battle

TE: Dallas Clark

K: Josh Brown

DEF: Minnesota

What do you guys think? I hated taking Kitna as my QB, but I had to or I would have been left with a terrible QB. Brady, Palmer, Brees, Bulger, and McNabb were all gone by the time my 3rd round pick came around. And I was hoping to snag either Cutler or Rivers in the 6th round or so, but they both got taken in the 5th and 4th rounds, respectively.

Leave a link and I'll answer yours.

surprised to see you get such quality recievers after taking 2 backs in round 1 and 2 (which you should do in that position) i think you lucked out getting kitna that late as i feel he is poised to put up monster #s this year,i definitely like him better than cutler.well done.also i like houch better than fitz this year too.good luck.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=282522

I think you have a real good team. My concern with Kitna is that he threw as many INTs as TDs last year. That's bad writing on the fall for a vet. I think you can expect about the same this year, especially since Martz does not seem to mind them. Calvin Johnson won't help either if anything Martz and Kitna will force the ball down field more. So I expect feast or famine this year. If you can live with 15-20 INTs your okay. Where did Romo wind up? I got him in my draft, since there was a run early on QBs. I'm concerned as an inexperienced starter he might put up his fair share of INTs too.

Lets see:

RBs- very solid starting 2 and Fred will be a good fill in and with MJD his chances of staying healthy all year are much better, then Turner is a solid #4. Very Good.

WRs-Outstanding!!! I would list them Fitz/TJ/R.Brown/B.Edwards/J.Porter/A.Battle. You really have a solid #1 in Fitz and a low-end #1 or the top #2 WR in TJ and R.Brown as you #3 is crazy good. Very Good.

TE-D.Clark is solid but nothing special, but unless you have Gates/Gonzo/Shockey there is not much difference in the rest.

K-J.Brown as good as any

D/ST-Minn is supposed to be good this year time will tell.

Now for your QB. I love Kitna in all leagues except for ones that penalize for Ints. Last year he threw 21 TDs and 22 Ints. That means that all his TDs were worth only 4 pts. P.Rivers actually threw 1 more TD than Kitna last season and threw 13 fewer Ints. There for his were worth almost 1.5pts more. The only thing about Kitna is he will get you some good comp pts since he throws a ton. It is the comp pts that keeps Kitna near the top of the 3rd tier of QBs. All in all as long as Kitna stays healthy he should be just fine and has some good upside b/c he is almost a sure lock for 25 TDs!

Overall I think you did a great job drafting good starters and have some solid depth, especially since you were not in a position to get a STUD RB early.

Good luck and please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=282744