Sign in to follow this  
tiger99

RB Help involving LJ

Wanted to get your thoughts. This is the first time I am considering benching a stud back.

I have Addai starting against Tenn. I was thinking of benching LJ this week against Chicago.

I was thinking of starting Marion Barber against Miami in his place. Chicago held LT to just 25 yards,

I could only imagine how much more they would shut down LJ since there is no other offense KC.

Point system: 6pts/TD, 1 pt/ 20 yards rushing or receiving, 0.5pt/rec, 3 pt bonus for 100 yards rushing

4 point bonus for 100 yards receiving

Let me know your thoughts and leave a link... I'll answer yours.

The old saying "never bench your studs" is usually right but I understand benching LJ this week for Barber because it makes sense to me. The Redskins two back system did very well against Miami and I expect JJ and MB to play well against them, the Chiefs are in shambles offensily and I expect the Bears to be hungry for its first win. Next week LJ has a much better matchup, plug him back in next week and forget you broke the cardnal rule for once

Thanks for answering mine :rolleyes:

I never liked LJ in terms of fantasy. I felt he had too many weak weeks.

I think this week will be one of those. Chicago is monstrous right now. :pointstosky: Who CAN'T they shut down?

I would start MBIII. However, I don't like him this season as much. But still, he's going to do better at Miami than anyone can do against Chicago.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=286722

I also agree. I had the 3rd pick and passed on LJ for a reason. I didn't think he would perform up to his draft position and was too injury prone. With his hold out he not only missed the preseason, but he missed practices as well (i think ><) That showed league wide, LJ was rusty (17 points is rusty haha), gore was rusty, and LJ was.... yah. He doesn't shake that rust against the bears, who are going to show up strong, not only on D but on Off as well. When KC's 2 td's behind they just won't have the time to grind it out with LJ. Bottom line, bench him.

Yeah I would bench him too, but only because of your league scoring system. I think KC will try to get creative and find ways to get LJ the ball on swing passes to the flats and screen plays. I could see him having a stat line like this:

15 carries, 55 yds

8 catches, 45 yds.

0 TDs

For my scoring, that would be 13 points and I think that is very possible. I don't think LJ will make a huge impact in the game, but he will get some yds. I'm starting him in my league, but I suggest you bench him.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=286914

Using this same logic would you start J. Jones over LJ? I think both will have a tough time getting a TD but I could see Jones ending up with more total yards than LJ, even if the Chiefs can get him involved in the passing game.

I almost feel silly for asking the question - "never bench your studs" is like a FF commandment.

tiger,

This is a tough pick. I think the reason the chiefs look so bad last week was because he only ran the ball 10 times.

If they are smart this week they should give him the ball 30 times. Of course that is against a good Bears D.

I'd actually go against the norm and go with LJ. If the Cheifs have a decent game agianst the Bears it will be because of LJ. Coach Edwards has to know that. I'm looking for him to get plenty of opportunities and get the yardage to show.

I'd say, based on your scoring, LJ still has a better chance of getting a 100 yard game. As great as Barber did last year (14 TDs) he didn't have a single 100 yard game. Last year LJ had 11 100 yard games in the regular season. Those also came against Denver (126), San Diego (132), Denver (157), Baltimore (120), and Jacksonville (138). I'll admit, LJ's oline isn't as good as last year, but with that being said he has put up huge yards against great Defences.

Last game he had 10 carries for 43 yards. That's even better when you think his longest carry was for 8 yards, so that suggests he was pretty consistent and didn't have one huge carry to skew those stats.

Granted LT only had 25 yards on 17 carries, but Turner had 41 yards on 10 carries against that same D. For running styles I'd compare LJ more to Turner as a bigger guy that is tough to bring down. I'm guessing LJ has a good chance at a 100+ game, which could easily lead to a TD.

tiger,

This is a tough pick. I think the reason the chiefs look so bad last week was because he only ran the ball 10 times.

If they are smart this week they should give him the ball 30 times. Of course that is against a good Bears D.

I'd actually go against the norm and go with LJ. If the Cheifs have a decent game agianst the Bears it will be because of LJ. Coach Edwards has to know that. I'm looking for him to get plenty of opportunities and get the yardage to show.

I'd say, based on your scoring, LJ still has a better chance of getting a 100 yard game. As great as Barber did last year (14 TDs) he didn't have a single 100 yard game. Last year LJ had 11 100 yard games in the regular season. Those also came against Denver (126), San Diego (132), Denver (157), Baltimore (120), and Jacksonville (138). I'll admit, LJ's oline isn't as good as last year, but with that being said he has put up huge yards against great Defences.

Last game he had 10 carries for 43 yards. That's even better when you think his longest carry was for 8 yards, so that suggests he was pretty consistent and didn't have one huge carry to skew those stats.

Granted LT only had 25 yards on 17 carries, but Turner had 41 yards on 10 carries against that same D. For running styles I'd compare LJ more to Turner as a bigger guy that is tough to bring down. I'm guessing LJ has a good chance at a 100+ game, which could easily lead to a TD.

I was planning on starting LJ anyway, but you just made it much easier for me. :first:

Wow that is tough. The one thing with LJ is they feed him the rock a lot. If the Bears offense cant stay on the field(to many turnovers) then the D will wear down and give LJ his yards.

I say stick with LJ. better chance for more points.

Good Luck thx for mine

Wow that is tough. The one thing with LJ is they feed him the rock a lot. If the Bears offense cant stay on the field(to many turnovers) then the D will wear down and give LJ his yards.

I say stick with LJ. better chance for more points.

Good Luck thx for mine

My gut is to go with Marion Barber the III. The only downside to this strategy is he is a platoon guy & LJ will get a ton of touches.