Sign in to follow this  
the_future420

Arnaz Battle or Brandon Jacobs?

So I am thin as hell at WR, (roster in sig) and I just recently picked up Arnaz Battle. Somebody in my league has decided to drop Brandon Jacobs, so I put in a waiver claim for him and dropped Battle. But now looking at it, I'm not sure if it was the right move. I am pretty decent at RB now as we can only start 3 max and I have 6 decent options on my bench. Jacobs would make 7 if he returned to form in a month.

But my WR depth is very bad. Clayton is hurting, Edwards is inconsistent. Marshall is probably going to be my #2 WR from here on out depending on how he produces this weekend. I am really high on Battle this year, and I think he could help my WR depth. Should I cancel the waiver claim? Is Jacobs worth it?

Leave a link and I'll help with yours.

I'd drop Clayton before Battle but it's just a hunch. Either way Jacobs will be back and worth something and who cares if you have 5 WR2s instead of 6. Pick him up and hope to trade him for a quality WR1 once he's healthy.

I really like Battle. I think he is in for a good year as long as smith keeps throwing. I would cancel. I woudnt drop clayton though because he will come around after the injury hopefully subsides.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=287246

Thanks and I answered yours. I like Battle too. I just dont know if its worth it to potentially miss out on Battle blowing up just to stash away a virtually unproven back with a bad knee.

Could do well this week.

Rams CB Tye Hill will miss four-to-six weeks after suffering multiple broken bones in his back during Thursday's practice.

St. Louis is now down both its starting corners (Fakhir Brown is suspended the first four games). An average to below average pass defense now looks awful on paper. Ronald Bartell and burnable vet Lenny Walls will likely play outside in Week 2 vs. the 49ers, with rookie Jonathan Wade at nickel back.

:lol:

Thanks for mine. I would drop Clayton for Battle. Jacobs could be too valuable later in the year. Parhaps you could trade another RB off your bench to upgrade at WR.

I do agree that I think Battle will have a productive year...but you have to get Jacobs.....much more value there... maybe drop Edwards....then trade a RB for an even better WR.

I'm with others - swap Clayton for Battle.

HOWEVER, I'd trade B Jacobs ASAP for better WR. I owned Tiki last year, and Jacobs is a great 3rd down back when he's fresh and the O line is tired. But I don't think he's going to be a stud RB. I think he'll get injured again soon.

IMHO, he's too tall for a stud RB IMHO, but hey I could be wrong.

My vote would be pick him up for Clayton, and trade while stock is so-so for a strong WR... a Patrick Crayton type...

I'm with others - swap Clayton for Battle.

HOWEVER, I'd trade B Jacobs ASAP for better WR. I owned Tiki last year, and Jacobs is a great 3rd down back when he's fresh and the O line is tired. But I don't think he's going to be a stud RB. I think he'll get injured again soon.

IMHO, he's too tall for a stud RB IMHO, but hey I could be wrong.

My vote would be pick him up for Clayton, and trade while stock is so-so for a strong WR... a Patrick Crayton type...

Hmmm, anyone who drops Jacobs is a complete moron if this a 12+ person FFL. No way any of these Wr's listed will have near the same stats as Jacobs. Jacobs is only out for 3-5 weeks, and is a TD machine. Drop Jacobs? What kind of crap question is that? :blink: