Sign in to follow this  
mec411

Sjax trade

I am trying to get Sjax (again). The first time I offered Bush/Housh for Sjax/Calvin. He said it was a good trade but he couldnt do it. Do you think he would take one of these two options and which one do you think is better...or they even worth it for me to do it...: A.) Bush/Gates for Sjax/Cooley B.) Bush/Housh for Sjax/Vincent Jackson.

He is his starting roster:

QB Drew Brees

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Vincent Jackson

WR Muhsin Muhammad

RB Steven Jackson

RB Adrian Peterson

TE Chris Cooley

K Jason Hanson

Mine is in my signature. I will respond, as always.

Thoughts?

With Orlando Pace out for the season, SJax's potential really goes down in my opinion. I'm not saying he's going to stay in a slump, but at this point I don't think he's going to have the kind of season a top 3 RB normally would.

Bush will bounce back as well. Stay patient. Gates and another big receiver (like Housh) are too much to give up for SJax.

Try negotiating with a team with a "lesser" RB (as far as hype), you'd be better off. Or just let it ride for a couple weeks.

I'm a S Jax owner and with as bad as he has started I don't think I could trade him. Any offer you would make would not be enough and my counter would make you think I'm crazy. Sooner or later he'll come around and when he does look out. I hope.

Put the trigger guard on and wait to do anything with SJax. His stock is falling. Roll the dice, give it a week, and see what he does. If he craps out again, you can pick him up (not really) for a reserve TE. But close.

I'm not a Vincent Jackson fan, but I might go for option 2. Gates is just worth so much in larger leagues, and I wouldn't include him in an offer.

I'm a S Jax owner and with as bad as he has started I don't think I could trade him. Any offer you would make would not be enough and my counter would make you think I'm crazy. Sooner or later he'll come around and when he does look out. I hope.

No offense, but I think this is the type of mentality that kills a team. X player is drafted high in a league, and within a couple weeks of no production, the owner is still remembering the draft position and hype the player got. The owner refuses great looking trades and ignores obvious hurdles (in this case, Pace's injury) in hopes of the player bouncing back, thus saving face.

I'd be selling SJax as high as I could while I still have the chance.

Then again, I could be amazingly wrong. Have to wait to see.

thanks all...put in the trade offer for my bush/housh for his sjax/vj...doubt he will take it..like one poster said, people are in love with the first two picks..

No offense, but I think this is the type of mentality that kills a team. X player is drafted high in a league, and within a couple weeks of no production, the owner is still remembering the draft position and hype the player got. The owner refuses great looking trades and ignores obvious hurdles (in this case, Pace's injury) in hopes of the player bouncing back, thus saving face.

I'd be selling SJax as high as I could while I still have the chance.

Then again, I could be amazingly wrong. Have to wait to see.

I understand what your saying but no one is going to offer you a quallity replacement if S Jax is not preforming. If the best I can get is Bush I'll keep what I got and hope for the best.

I understand what your saying but no one is going to offer you a quallity replacement if S Jax is not preforming. If the best I can get is Bush I'll keep what I got and hope for the best.

I would say I agree...which is why chances are you must include another player of Housh's caliber for a lesser guy like Vj, who still has value, but is more of a guy to balance rosters and balance the trade. JMO.