Sign in to follow this  
Jerminator

Draft help

Ok so I joined the FF league here at work so I'm the 14th draftee in a 14 team league. And I need help with my drafting strategy. I mean I know how to draft at the bottom of a 12 team league but 14 is going to be rough. So here are my initial thoughts. (snake draft 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1DEF, standard scoring).

-What positions should my draft rounds look like? Should I go RB, RB in the first/second rounds since I get 2 consecutive picks? The problem I'm having with this strategy is that I believe that most of the good running backs will be off of the board by the time I pick. That means, because the league will end up being so deep, that there will be more value available at QB or WR. The other reason I'm leaning away from RB/RB is because there are so many teams with questions at RB. Chris Perry, Matt Forte, Andre Hall or Johnathan Stewart could end up having as good a year as any of the 2nd tier RB's.

-Second I believe that I need to make every single pick count. I don't think I can afford to take risks on injury plagued people, at least not in the first six rounds. So what 2nd and 3rd tier players would you recommend that are very solid and not too risky?

-Third, despite what I just said, I know that to win this league I will have to take a few risks. I can't just depend on my waiver wire maneuvering skills. So what risks would you take in this draft? I figure that I can afford 1 gamble pick in the first 4 rounds.

-Fourth, is there any other advice that you can think of that would be helpful? The commentary on the internet regarding 14 team leagues is very sparse.

Thanks in advance!