Sign in to follow this  
panthro

RB Problems

Alright, here's my situation. I have a fantastically strong RB platoon, with Westbrook, Portis, Reggie Bush and Chris Johnson. I can start two RB and I have a WR/RB flex spot. Scoring is 1 pt. per 20 yards rushing, 6 pt. per TD, 1 pt. per 20 yards recieving, .75 pts. per reception, 1 pt. per 20 return yards.

My problem is, I don't know who to start. Even though my RB's are quality I have a damn murderer's row of defenses this week: Portis vs. Philly, Bush vs. Minn, Johnson vs. Baltimore. My only good match-up is Westbrook vs Washington, and he's going to be spliting carries because he's not 100% healthy.

So, who do I start? Right now I have Portis and Johnson in at RB and Bush in the flex spot. My only other option at flex is Matt Jones because I'm thin at receiver (I have Boldin, Plax and Braylon Edwards at receiver, all out for various reasons this week).

So do you guys think I should start Westbrook over Johnson or Bush, hoping that his talent makes up for his limited carries? Or should I start Jones over Bush or Johnson? There's not much help in waivers right now, but I could maybe find a one week band-aid if I need to. Any help would be appreciated. Leave a link and I'll answer yours. Thanks!

First off, how the hell did you end up with a team like that??? As for your question, you may not have a choice if Westy doesn't play on Sunday. Even if he did play, I don't think he is going to be anywhere near 100%. I don't care for the Portis match-up as I think the Eagles will hold him down (remember Game 1 against the Giants), but he may be able to squeak one into the endzone whereas Jones is way too inconsistent to be counted on.

Leave what you have.

'Nutz

Thanks for answering mine!!!

I would start Westy over C. Johnson. If he is clear to play, I have to believe that he will be in there the majority of the time. He is the best all around RB in FF, don't bench him for a rookie that will be splitting carries against a top defense.

I would start Westy over C. Johnson. If he is clear to play, I have to believe that he will be in there the majority of the time. He is the best all around RB in FF, don't bench him for a rookie that will be splitting carries against a top defense.

I would start westbrook or westy(sounds like he has this rb as well) over johnson...if he is healthy....baltimore hasnt allowed a rushing td all year..the only caveat is that Johnson did ok against Minn last week which is supposed to have a decent run defense...the rest I would leave the same as you had it