Sign in to follow this  
mmeds1228

Trade Offer Advice

Hey everyone,

So I've been offered Forte for A.Johnson. My WRs have been solid and my RBs are not good at all, so this would look like a good trade. Here is my players:

RB - R.Bush, K.Smith, L.Maroney, F.Jackson

WR - A.Johnson, R.White, S.Moss, B.Engram, K.Curtis, S.Beaston, A.Miles

We play 2RB 3WR lineups. As you can see, I'm very weak at RB so this would seem good. I'm thinking I can survive with Engram for now and then toggle with Curtis once he's back. The rub is Forte is facing Vikings this week and a bye next week so I'm kinda losing 2 weeks from him. A.Johnson is poised for a huge week this week and his bye is done. I may be losing more than I'm getting in the end. I was thinking of waiting for this week to play out, then I can always sell Johnson very high. Or should I just pull the trigger.

Leave a link, I will read your post. Thanks!

Thats a smart owner trying to sell Forte before the dreaded rookie wall. I WOULD NOT make that trade.

You certainly need RB help but I think you should wait until after this week and see if you can get someone better than Forte.

Thats a smart owner trying to sell Forte before the dreaded rookie wall. I WOULD NOT make that trade.

This is the way I'm leaning also. The wall will hit at some point, just as it did with ADP last year.

A. Johnson is one of the top three WRs in the league. You have Bush for a RB as your horse you NEED A Johnson as your WR horse.

Do not make that trade.

Thanks for answering mine :thumbsdown:

Do not do this trade!!!

I am actually trying to trade for Johnson. I think he is going to be a monster going forward.

I am from Chicago and watching Forte has been great and he is perfect for the Bears. But, you have already pointed out the obvious about playing the Vikings and then the bye week. The other thing to look at is that the Bears might be wearing him out. His yards per carry is dwindling...and he is bound to start hitting the 'rookie wall'. Plus, they have a healthy K Jones behind him...who will no doubt start to get more and more carries in hopes that Forte doesn't hit that wall.

If you really want to move Johnson, wait until after the Lions game (should be another nice game for him) and then go after a RB like Gore or a healthy Westbrook.

Good luck and please see mine!

Not only is the rookie wall going to hit soon, but Forte's YPC has been dropping. He did rebound with 3.8ypc against ATL, but 15 for 36yds against DET? I think the rookie wall will either start this week vs. the Vikes, or week 10 vs the Titans.

AJ is going to blow up. Look at his schedule. DET & Cincy, next 2 weeks. MIN & BAL are tough, but he finishes out with 5 out of 6 remaining matchup as very favorable.

Keep AJ unless you get a better offer than Forte.

I dont' think losing A J for 2 weeks is worth the possible gain you may get from Forte. I love Forte as I already have him but I think you would be giving up too much.

clearly your question has been answered.

i am with them for all the reason's.

smart owner trying to be smarter than you.

just the fact that you are even asking shows that he is a shark playing with fish.

no disrespect because it is a legitimate question but he definately see's the wall coming and then see the hard matchup then the bye for forte and 1oo + and 2 scores and no bye for johnson.

be smart and keep AJ, you should get more for him .

if not a better back then certainly an equal back and another WR.

i wouldn't even trade forte straight up enen if he weren't going to hit the wall. just the fact of what you said about the minny matchup and then the bye is very astute.

your right, your losing 2 weeks basically.

AJ is worth no less than barber , portis, LT, those RBS.

i would gpout on a limb and say i wouldn't even trade him straight up for r. brown .

please andswer mine below. the colston holmes play