Sign in to follow this  
hammer310

Need a Win, Tough RB, WR, and QB decisions...

Hey guys, I need a win to get into the playoffs, and I'm having trouble figuring out who to start.

QB's (Pick 1):

Tyler Thigpen (Denver)

or

Chad Pennington (Buffalo)

RB's (Pick 2):

Frank Gore (Jets)

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

Joeseph Addai (Cincinati)

WR's (Pick 3):

Andre Johnson (Green Bay)

Reggie Wayne (Cinci)

Brandon Marshall (KC)

Lee Evans (Miami)

Normally I'd play my first 3 wide outs but Lee Evans is usually awesome against Miami so I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated and drop a link and I'll be sure to help out! Thanks!!

Pennington over Thigpen. Champ is back this week and should shut Bowe down and allow the other DBS to take away Gonzo and the rest of the WR's

RB I would go with Slaton for sure as Green Bays Run D is terrible. I would go with Addai over Gore just based on Matchup.

Jets Run D is solid except for last week vs Hillis. Addai vs Cinci is the better play IMO.

WR bench Evans as his QB situation is unknown at this point. If Edwards does play does he finish the game? If Losman is the QB you dont know what to expect. With Losman at QB Evans line could look like this. 0/0/0 or 2/130/2. To much risk involved with Evans this week.

Please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335090

Hey guys, I need a win to get into the playoffs, and I'm having trouble figuring out who to start.

QB's (Pick 1):

Tyler Thigpen (Denver)

or

RB's (Pick 2):

Frank Gore (Jets)

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

WR's (Pick 3):

Reggie Wayne (Cinci)

Brandon Marshall (KC)

Lee Evans (Miami)

Normally I'd play my first 3 wide outs but Lee Evans is usually awesome against Miami so I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated and drop a link and I'll be sure to help out! Thanks!!

Tough call on the QB but I think I lean towards Pennington. Thigpen will be throwing on Champ Bailey (back healthy) and KC may lean LJ and the running game to beat DEN.

Slaton and Addai for the RBs. Jets will be looking to rebound with a big game against Gore and SF.

AJ, Wayne and Marshall for the WRs easy. Evan MIGHT have a long TD but to much of a long shot and MIA's secondary is improving.

Good luck!

I'd go with Thigpen over Pennington

Buffalo FINALLY got their starting DE back, and Whitner is back at safety...they have been playing well without them...should be even better with them...I just see Thigpen having a better day vs. a Denver secondary ranked 27th vs the pass with a less than 100% Champ Bailey.

RBs...I'd go with Addai and Slaton based on matchups

WRs...It sounds CRAZY, but I'd go with Johnson, Marshall, and Evans

Evans usually plays better with Losman, and in this must-win game, the Bills HAVE to go to Evans...plus the game is in a dome vs. MIA secondary

The Colts offense has looked HORRIBLE the last two weeks against very bad defenses. I think they stick to basics in this one and run all over the Bengals...

Don't let the Colts offense cost you a championship...

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335219

Pennington... Though I think Thigpen COULD have a huge week, take the safe side...

Slaton and Addai based on match ups... Slaton is a bit worrying in that they could be playing catchup all game, but then again, so may be the 9ers. Frank Gore will get you a TD with his mediocre running stats and his 5-6 passes. Probably safer to go with the match ups here.

Wayne, AJ and Marshall... Cutler zooms in on Marshall like anything... If Thigpen makes it interesting, he should be scoring til the 60 minutes expire.

AJ will probably be playing catchup, and despite solid coverage, is one of the best. Less than last week though. Wayne and Cincy... They will be running it but Peyton will get on the slinger every now and then and you know Reggie will capitalise on that D.

QB's (Pick 1):

Tyler Thigpen (Denver)

or

RB's (Pick 2):

Frank Gore (Jets)

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

WR's (Pick 3):

Reggie Wayne (Cinci)

Brandon Marshall (KC)

Lee Evans (Miami)

Id go with thigpen

gore and Addai

and

Andre, Marshall, and wayne

see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335230

QB's (Pick 1):

Tyler Thigpen (Denver)

or

RB's (Pick 2):

Frank Gore (Jets)

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

WR's (Pick 3):

Reggie Wayne (Cinci)

Brandon Marshall (KC)

Lee Evans (Miami)

I would have to say Tyler Thigpen over Chad Pennington. Chad throws for enough yards but Miami's offense is RB driven, I have had Chad before and he gives yards, but not TDs. Ever since the pistol formation started its course, Thigpen has been very efficient. He plays shotgun most of the time, the RB plays are like draw plays, and by playing shotgun, he sees the field very well and gets rid of it before the pass rush gets to him. The addition of Mark Bradley adds another relief valve besides Tony Gonzalez plus Jamal Charles / Larry Johnson for checkdowns. It is a more pass friendly offense, the Chiefs, than the Dolphins, based on the formations they use. Hence, go with Thigpen. Besides Champ, I am not sold on the Denver secondary and everytime I played a QB in Denver, they got a lot of yards, the thin air out there must be good for yardage and possibly TDs too.

For the RBs, definitely Slaton and Addai, due to matchups and Addai plays indoors (once the roof is closed which it will be).

For the WRs, due to the QB situation, you should sit down Lee Evans.

Thigpen

Slaton & Addai

and your top 3 wr's. I like Evans to maybe get 1 long one, but it's only a maybe. The other guys should definitely put up 8+ points.

Pennington

Frank Gore (Jets)

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

Reggie Wayne (Cinci)

Brandon Marshall (KC)

I need consistency for playoffs and these are the most consistent you have IMO. The only one I might lean the other way is Thigpen. If it's a nice day in Denver you feel like you need more upside, take Thigpen.

Thigpen to Tony will be big in this one.

Slaton is a must start, did you see Williams last week?

Addai could have a great day if Jeff Saturday is bacj under center, he's been out, and somehow he makes the Colts go.

I have Gore and I'm sitting him (2 week slump), the Jets have stopped the run on the road all year, last week was a fluke, Hill has been throwing the crap out of the ball playing catch up too.

Play your top 3 WRs too risky to play Evans, can't safely say he'll go off. The rest should find the end zone this weekend.

QB's (Pick 1):

Tyler Thigpen (Denver)

or

RB's (Pick 2):

Frank Gore (Jets)

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

WR's (Pick 3):

Reggie Wayne (Cinci)

Brandon Marshall (KC)

Lee Evans (Miami)

Thigpen

Slaton

Addai- I also have him and reluctantly will be starting him!!!

Johnson

Wayne

Marshall

Good Luck!!!

QB's (Pick 1):

Tyler Thigpen (Denver)

It'll be a shootout, and he's great at that.

RB's (Pick 2):

Steve Slaton (Green Bay)

Jets run D is too good, and these matchups are awesome.

WR's (Pick 3):

Brandon Marshall (KC)

Lee Evans (Miami)

Definitely AJ and Marshall, Evans will break out big this week.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335379

Thanks!