Sign in to follow this  
dats007

Gore's Status Causing Concern

I was able to slip into the last playoff spot and won my first game last week convincingly thanks in large part to Peyton Manning and Antonio Bryant's monster game. Now, in the money round, I find that my horse, Frank Gore is questionable to play in week 15. I also read this morning that I will most likely be without Fred Taylor (never started him, not a big loss) for the remainder of the season. That leaves me with Pierre Thomas and Kevin Smith to start opposite Larry Johnson for a spot in the Championship game next week!

So of the two, who would you start for Gore, Smith (@ Indy on Sunday) or Thomas (@ Chicago TOMORROW!).

Scoring: .1/RuYd/RecYd, NON PPR, 6pt/TD (bonuses for TD distance).

Second question:

Anybody starting Kevin Walter (vs. Tennessee) or Santonio Holmes (@ Baltimore) over Marvin Harrison (vs. Detroit)?

Thanks Guys (and Gals). As per usual, leave a link and I'll do my best with yours.

So of the two, who would you start for Gore, Smith (@ Indy on Sunday) or Thomas (@ Chicago TOMORROW!).

Scoring: .1/RuYd/RecYd, NON PPR, 6pt/TD (bonuses for TD distance).

Smith is a good runner on a bad team (3rd worst rushing team with 78.2 ypg). He is going up against a defense which has allowed 129.8 Ruyds/game, 25th in the NFL.

Thomas is going up against the 6th best defense (91.2 Ruyds/game) with the sixth worst rushing team (95.7 ypg).

Wx should not be a big factor in Chicago; cold (28F high, 19F low), but little chance of precip (10%). "It's probably the age-old discussion of a dome team going up to the cold-weather environment. It will be cold Thursday, colder at nighttime. The trick is to deal with the mental part as much as anything. A lot of our players have played in cold weather. That's just something we're going to have to deal with and be able to get through and handle." -- Saints coach Sean Payton, on playing a night game in Chicago in mid-December.

I think the Saints still have something for which to play. I vote Thomas on the intangibles.

I think the Saints still have something for which to play. I vote Thomas on the intangibles.

Rushed 22 times for 87 yards and caught seven passes for 59. He scored two touchdowns -- one on a 42-yard run and one on a two-yard reception. In my league, 28 fantasy points.

Who loves ya, baby? :thumbsup: :overhead: