Sign in to follow this  
The Next Generation

Conundrum

12 team, 3 player keeper (1 has to be a rookie) PPR league (lose the round the keeper was drafted in). 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D:

I pick 9th overall and 13th (w/keepers accounted for).

I have:

1st = AJ, C Portis

3rd = SJax

4th = CJ3 ®

15th = M Colston

17th = P Thomas

I'm keeping CJ3 as my rookie, but am having the toughest time choosing the other 2 guys. I'm most likely keeping SJax based on his potential in PPR leagues. So now it comes down to Colston or Pierre. RBs are at a premium and I kinda like having Pierre as a Flex. Or, should I try to trade someone to get an extra 1st and keep AJ?

Regardless, I'll be trading whomever I don't keep, but it'll be tough to trade AJ since he has a 1st round tag.

12 team, 3 player keeper (1 has to be a rookie) PPR league (lose the round the keeper was drafted in). 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D:

I pick 9th overall and 13th (w/keepers accounted for).

I have:

1st = AJ, C Portis

3rd = SJax

4th = CJ3 ®

15th = M Colston

17th = P Thomas

I'm keeping CJ3 as my rookie, but am having the toughest time choosing the other 2 guys. I'm most likely keeping SJax based on his potential in PPR leagues. So now it comes down to Colston or Pierre. RBs are at a premium and I kinda like having Pierre as a Flex. Or, should I try to trade someone to get an extra 1st and keep AJ?

Regardless, I'll be trading whomever I don't keep, but it'll be tough to trade AJ since he has a 1st round tag.

I think CJ3 and SJax are the two no brainers. That gives you two high end pass catching backs. After that, both Colston and Thomas are great keepers at the round you have them. I'd try to shop both of them and see who can bring back the highest value in terms of picks. Then I'd keep the other one.

I think CJ3 and SJax are the two no brainers. That gives you two high end pass catching backs. After that, both Colston and Thomas are great keepers at the round you have them. I'd try to shop both of them and see who can bring back the highest value in terms of picks. Then I'd keep the other one.

That's good advice. I'm also trying to shop AJ, CPortis, DeSean Jackson (7th), J. Morgan (14th). If I could package some of those guys AJ + DeSean, maybe I can get a 1st round pick in return.

Any other opinions?

That's good advice. I'm also trying to shop AJ, CPortis, DeSean Jackson (7th), J. Morgan (14th). If I could package some of those guys AJ + DeSean, maybe I can get a 1st round pick in return.

Any other opinions?

Yeah but to pull off a trade like that, you'd have to find someone who has some really poor keeper options. While Andre Johnson and Desean Jackson are great, if someone already has 3 solid keepers, then getting them does them know good. Thats why its hard to trade players in keeper leagues prior to the draft.

Yeah but to pull off a trade like that, you'd have to find someone who has some really poor keeper options. While Andre Johnson and Desean Jackson are great, if someone already has 3 solid keepers, then getting them does them know good. Thats why its hard to trade players in keeper leagues prior to the draft.

Very true, but there are still possibilities, especially to move rookies (some teams don't have any).

The ideal thing would have been to trade them to a playoff team last season and get a draft pick for this year in return. But, I was in contention and wanted a full squad to try to make the championships. Made the playoffs, but lost a tight one in the 2nd round (a Pierre Thomas start away from the big game).