Sign in to follow this  
ScumWithANoose

Team Quarterback

Hey there,

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I searched and didn't find anything. My league uses the Team QB option to save everyones sanity over drafting a QB. Is there a way to implement this into the compiler/draft buddy? Thanks in advance for your help.

There is no explicit option for Team QB in the Compiler. However, here is how I would do it if it were me (two ways):

1. Lazy Method - Just go by the current starters and ignore the backups, perhaps making some change in the rankings to represent where you think a better "team" situation arises to raise the team QB value over the projected starter on his own. Since I'm lazy under this option, then this would be completely subjective.

2. Keener Method - Sum all of the existing QB projections by team, insert the new Team QB projections into Site B of the Compiler and change the allocation key for QB to point to 100% Site B (key 8). There will only be 32 different player options in Site B.

Hey, I guess I'm feeling keen tonight. To sum by team, drop this formula into Site B under PaComp for the first player row (probably Culpepper):

=SUMIF($D$5:$D$130,$D5,AJ$5:AJ$130)

Then copy and paste that formula down for each of the first 32 quarterbacks on different teams. Then copy it across for all QB stats in Site B. Nifty, huh?

It took me a while of messing around with it to figure out what you were talking about. But I got it working. Keen is not the word I would use. GENIUS!! Thanks again for the help. You've made me a life long buyer with your help. Thanks again.