Sign in to follow this  
jeffbayliss

Overall Ranking Method

Is there an explanation of the six Overall Ranking Method choices somewhere, and how they affect the Max Bid's in Auction Mode? Do you just experiment with them until the dollars seem to match what is expected in your league, or is there some method to this madness?

When I use "Complier Recommended" the dollar values are way off from what they will be in our league. "Stud RB" comes out more realistically, as does "Median player drafted".

Jeff

Hey Jeff. In auctions, the available auction dollars are allocated based on value to every player above the baselines, and set at the minimum bid for every player below the baselines. The problem with Compiler Recommended for auctions is the baselines are set kind of high, so it overvalues high ranked players and undervalues lower ranked starters and all backups. (It gives a good result for regular drafts though.)

So, I don't recommend Compiler Recommended for auctions. Median Drafted or Last Drafted are better.

For an explanation of the overall ranking methods, please refer to this help guide near the bottom of the page:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/hg_compiler_adv.htm

Thanks Mike - I could have sworn I went into the help guide looking for a write up on this before I posted the question, but obviously missed it. Another great tweaking tool in CheatSheet Compiler.