Sign in to follow this  
j0ker

Accept this Trade?

I have been offered Roddy White for Desean Jackson straight up. I don't really see it upgrading either of us very much, maybe slight edge to me getting White which is what makes it even stranger. Both have almost identical points on the year with Roddy being more consistent but Jackson with a few 20+ pointers. The guy is not a Philly fan and neither of us have Matt Ryan or Vick/Kolb to double dip with if it goes through. Only thing I can think of is that we get points for return yardage so maybe he is looking at that for Jackson? Basically I guess I'm asking who would you rather have going forward? Thanks guys and leave a link

Djax is potentially more explosive and will have the return yards, but Roddy is money every week and Jax has already laid one egg. If Vick and Kolb play pinball with who is in the lineup, I think Djax suffers as a result and Roddy is a safer play. If Vick is back in a week and stays in the lineup the rest of the year, I'd be tempted by Djax upside. This is one of those team context questions. In a vaccuum, they are even. With the QB situation in Phily, advantage Roddy.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=372774

I'd rather have Roddy for sure. Is Jenkins on his way back? Perhaps he's thinking Roddy's looks will go down? Maybe he's got bye week issues and this opens up options for him. It does seem pretty weird. Hands down I'd take Roddy in a heartbeat. Just to add icing to the decision, DJax plays the Giants and Vikings in the FF playoffs, and if that's your goal, do you want to be relying on that matchup?

I would go with Roddy. He is consistent and can have big games too. Not sure how many points you get for return yardage though.