Sign in to follow this  
hoboscratch

help with keepers

Ok, so I can keep 2 guys in a regular scoring PPR league. They can't be of the same position. I've kept CJ2K for 2 years now and he's only costing me a 2nd round pick, so that's very nice. I drafted Megatron in the 1st last year, and was quite happy. My other two potential keepers I picked up off of waivers and this year will only cost me my last two picks. I draft 9th in a 10 team league. So that said, my four best/most intriguing guys are:

(player/round I will lose a pick)

Megatron - 1

Chris Johnson - 2

Reggie Wayne - 3

Vincent Jackson - 19

LaGarrett Blount - 20

Right now I'm planning on keeping CJ2K and Jackson. I know from talk that Megatron will be gone when its time for me to draft. Based on other keepers, likely I will have the following guys to choose from for my first pick:

MJD

SJax

Wayne

Jennings

Austin

Any thoughts on who I should keep? I'm debating over whether to just keep my first two guys...Mega and CJ

I'm not sure how deep your draft is, but I'd seriously consider keeping VJax and Blount for that value.

Chris Johnson lost this accrued year by not reporting today, I have the feeling that could get ugly.

I have considered that as well. I have a couple more weeks to decide. I know CJ will get a lot of touches this year, who knows if Hasselbeck will keep defenses any more honest than Collins or VY did. If not, its going to be a long season for CJ, especially if they go to Locker. ALSO, I can only keep a guy a maximum of 3 years. So this is the last year I can keep CJ anyway.

Having one of the top 3 WRs and RBs and being able to keep them is a good problem to have. :wave:

That said, I think V Jax will have a great season - top ten floor, top 3 ceiling. Losing Calvin won't hurt nearly as much provided you keep V Jax.

If Chris were not holding out keeping Blount wouldn't even be a thought. I feel your pain because I have CJ in another keeper league and its killing me. That said, I still wouldn't drop him...

So were it me I'd keep CJ and V Jax and then target Austin (don't like SJax or MJD much) and then try and get Blount later on (but not too late, he's going in the late 2nd in redraft leagues).

My keeper question:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=385635