Sign in to follow this  
Iron Dragon

My Draft

10 team, standard scoring, .5 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 OP, 1 TE, D, K. Drafted 8th.

QB Brady, Roethlisberger, Newton

RB Foster, Best, Stewart (mistake pick), Lynch

WR Austin, Manningham, S Moss, Julio Jones

TE Clark, Aaron Hernandez

D Patriots

K Henery

I'm just not excited about this one. Thoughts? I'll try to RTF. Thanks.

10 team, standard scoring, .5 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 OP, 1 TE, D, K. Drafted 8th.

QB Brady, Roethlisberger, Newton

RB Foster, Best, Stewart (mistake pick), Lynch

WR Austin, Manningham, S Moss, Julio Jones

TE Clark, Aaron Hernandez

D Patriots

K Henery

I'm just not excited about this one. Thoughts? I'll try to RTF. Thanks.

I like your QB's. Foster should have another good season but would pick up Tate as insurance. I'm not sold on Best yet. He has tremendous upside. WR's and TE's are strong. Good draft.

I'm just not excited about this one.

Me neither. What's the "OP" slot? If you can flex a QB, I change my assessment to "excellent draft," but that Ben pick and your Stewart mistake brought some pain. The value bug is a dangerous thing, especially in smaller leagues--it's really hard not to take a guy like Roethlisberger if he slips absurdly far, but if you don't need him because you already have Brady, you really have to let him go.

Other decisions I don't love:

-Drafting a 3rd QB. There are going to be at least 10 starting QBs on the wire every week should you somehow lose both your starter and backup.

-Drafting a backup TE. Again, there's so much depth at the position this year that you'll find half a dozen guys like Hernandez, Heap, Jared Cook, Kendricks, etc., on the wire every week. In a 10-team league, the 600 yards and 4-5 scores you'll get from those guys don't help you win, and will never play in place of Clark.

I'd look at the wire and start by thinking about dropping Cam and Hernandez. Even if they were your 14th and 15th round picks, there were more essential players out there given your decision to burn early rounders on QB and TE. If you can get a few flyers at WR and RB, you can make up for some of your less-than-ideal moves without too much pain.

Me neither. What's the "OP" slot? If you can flex a QB, I change my assessment to "excellent draft," but that Ben pick and your Stewart mistake brought some pain. The value bug is a dangerous thing, especially in smaller leagues--it's really hard not to take a guy like Roethlisberger if he slips absurdly far, but if you don't need him because you already have Brady, you really have to let him go.

Other decisions I don't love:

-Drafting a 3rd QB. There are going to be at least 10 starting QBs on the wire every week should you somehow lose both your starter and backup.

-Drafting a backup TE. Again, there's so much depth at the position this year that you'll find half a dozen guys like Hernandez, Heap, Jared Cook, Kendricks, etc., on the wire every week. In a 10-team league, the 600 yards and 4-5 scores you'll get from those guys don't help you win, and will never play in place of Clark.

I'd look at the wire and start by thinking about dropping Cam and Hernandez. Even if they were your 14th and 15th round picks, there were more essential players out there given your decision to burn early rounders on QB and TE. If you can get a few flyers at WR and RB, you can make up for some of your less-than-ideal moves without too much pain.

OP = Offensive player, so we can start 2 QBs if we choose. And since we can, QBs go pretty early and often. There's at least 1 team that drafted 4 QBs. So there's really not much left on the WW. Thanks for the responses, guys!...And yeah, I was swearing when I thought I had put in a different player besides Stewart and it didn't go through in time.

That changes everything, and I now expect you to curbstomp a lot of other teams. I doubt many other teams have as high-powered and consistent a QB tandem as you're going to be fielding. I still think you should drop Hernandez, but now I get it. Having Lynch as a bye week/matchups play only is a pretty nice consolation for the Stewart mishap; I don't entirely trust him as a flex in a small league, but he should be good for 3-4 starts.

Looks pretty good, since you can start two QBs. WR seems maybe a bit thin; I agree with whoever suggested dropping the backup TE and trying to pick up some more depth at the other positions.