Sign in to follow this  
scottybo

Huge Trade Offer...Need Advice

So in a PPR Dynasty Auction League, I've been offered Greg Jennings ($10) and Steven Jackson ($22) for Matt Forte ($13). I'm 6-2 right now about to go 7-2. Below is my team and prices for each player. $100 budget and players costs rise based on total fantasy points from year prior (ie score 300 fantasy points, go up $3 in price)

My Team (Start 2 RBs and 3 WRs)

QBs - E Manning ($4), Peyton Manning ($17)

RBs - A Foster - ($10), M Forte ($13), McGahee ($1), J Battle ($5)

WRs - Nicks ($9), M Williams ($7), E Decker ($5), J Baldwin ($5), L Moore ($4)

TE - J Finley ($7)

K - Cundiff

DEF - SF

Obviously Jennings would be a great addition to my WR core as M Williams has not lived up to expectations. However S Jax at his cost is not keepable and is injury prone but he is playing really well right now. Would you make the trade and give up forte and his great value at ($13)

Going back and forth in my head.

Not too familiar with Dynasty leagues. However, I think I might pass on this deal for one simple fact. I could easily see the Forte situation turning into a holdout. The Bears sound very content to franchise Forte, whom if franchised would only make about 7 mill (as opposed to if he were franchised this year and make 9 mill). Jennings value isn't really going to change much with Rodgers at QB. I think if Forte were to sign a contract extension I'd probably do it though.

Not too familiar with Dynasty leagues. However, I think I might pass on this deal for one simple fact. I could easily see the Forte situation turning into a holdout. The Bears sound very content to franchise Forte, whom if franchised would only make about 7 mill (as opposed to if he were franchised this year and make 9 mill). Jennings value isn't really going to change much with Rodgers at QB. I think if Forte were to sign a contract extension I'd probably do it though.

If forte turns into a holdout, don't you think it would be worth trading forte while his value is at an all time high?

Totally different situation since it's dynasty (and $ value) than if not. If not, I'd say you do the deal absolutely, as you need the WR help. But assuming you get to keep Forte next year for $13, I think that's a tough one, especially given SJax's salary. You're right - this one's a tough one. I think it depends if you believe you'll make the playoffs or not with your current team. If you think you can, I'd probably keep your existing roster and pass. If you think you might not make it, the trade does make you better this year and gives you a better chance to win your league. That's the other unknown - do you win money if you just make the playoffs or only if you win. I'd factor that in too. One thing about pulling the trade - you also don't know about P Manning for next year - it may turn out that he doesn't play and you can drop that salary so you can keep SJax. of course, if he does come back you probably can't keep SJax. Wow... tough call. I think it all comes down to if you think pulling the trade makes you the favorite to win this year. if it does, I probably do the deal.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=394940

Oh and you're right on your logic about the holdout. Of course, one could make the argument that there are two likely scenarios from a contract dispute: He gets a contract or he gets traded. Either way that $13 value is huge!

Thanks for the feedback. It is very tough. We only win money if we finish in the top 3. I see forte going up to $16 after this year; which is still a steal. AP went for $30. I'm trying to get AJ Green included in the deal if i throw in few WRs with upside. I see Sjax as a rental player so if i don't win this year, i'm pretty much giving up forte for jennings. So I would feel more comfortable giving Forte and Mike Williams/Decker for a Jennings and Green

Accepted the trade and going for the win this year. Definitely makes my team a strong candidate to win this year. We'll have to wait and see if it pays off.