Sign in to follow this  
Superfreaks

Free Agent Ricky Williams II $1

I can't get a hold of Martin- but last year Andy and I traded last year for future considerations and I sent him Ernie Conwell after I played him on his bye week. It was ok then and should be ok now. You can trade anything - even cash- real teams do it all the time! Granted I will most likely send him L. Coles or cash next week or $9 in cap money for next year, whatever he wants- but it is no way out of my realm to do this------check the rules if you must.

Here we go again.......

You and Andi pushing the rules to the limit just so you can attempt to get an edge.

I don't think there's two other teams in the league that "play with each other" the way you two do.

Can't wait to see wht you two attempt next week.

What did CMA stand for:

Collusion Military Academy?

OUT!!!!!!!!

[ 10-31-2002: Message edited by: ceo1000 ]

III. Trades and Free Agent Pickups

Owners may trade players, cap room, and draft order(if you really want to). There is a $5 transaction fee per roster spot affected per owner when trading with other team owners. There is no fee when picking up free agents, except for the cost of the winning bid.

Sorry Scott, but you have to agree this is totally legal and within my right to do.

Dude-

Where does it say anything about "future considerations"????? What the fock does "that" mean? It means that he helps you win if you give him a BJ tonight?

Give me a freakin break.

It's pushing the rules and you know it. Just like what you and Andi did last week....throwing in a bid with 4 minutes left.

The rule as posted above says nothing about future considerations. It says you can trade players and cap room. It does not say you can give another guy money for nothing.

We'll just have to wait for a ruling.

The argument to be upheld is trading cap money-

Future considerations is like an option in which Andy can exercise at his earliest convenience. He has a choice, in the future, for $9 in cap money this year, or $9 in cap money for next year? Or he can even get a player to be named later.....thus these things will happen in the future, and will re-pay my end of the bargain and be considerations which will finalize the trade. Pretty simple concept.

Pretty simple except for the fact that you two are incahoots and doing things behind the scenes that are maybe not so ethical. Using two teams cap money to benefit each other is a lot easier than what the rest of us are facing.

Trying to make sure one guy wins, with $400, extra cap $$$, and two teams is a lot easier than the rest of us who are playing by the rules with one team.

Seem fair to you??? I don't care what you say, grabbing cash from "another team" at the last minute without getting anything in IMMEDIATE return is wrong and raises eyebrows.

Who's to say that Andi is even around? Whay can't he do his own posts....ever? Maybe you're managing his team and yours, to make sure that there is at least one winning team between the two?

All of this seems possible to me (when sh!t like this happens).

Are you even hinting at collusion Scott?

Be very freaking careful what you say here. If it wasn't in the rules we wouldn't do it. But it states clear as a bell you can trade cap money! So I did. And I will probably trade it back.....just like you traded some players to J-bob since the bye week hurt your roster, and should most likely trade him again some of those players. I never once thought that was a back alley deal, even if those same players get flip-flopped this week. IT made sense- it cost $5 each in transaction money and might cost $10 each- that is gravy for the league pot- I say do it more often.

I talkede to Martin about this earlier this year and he agreed that trading for next years money should not be allowed but he never did anything about it.

I'm not saying anything about collusion but 2 guys in agreement can screw everything up.

The bottom line from Jerry is:

If you need $200 so bad as to screw friends and and guys like me you don't know come by and I'll give you a handout.

Now that I've had time to read all the entries...

Trading cap money week to week among the same 2 teams is BULLSHEEEET.

Take my $200 I'd rather play in a league with no money an moral if not honest guys.

not an island scotti just a *****ula.

If one team trading another team money- is enough for someone to cry I quit- then forget the entire transaction. I will gladly bow out of the league, as I can't stand innuendo's nor brazen accusations.

This is easily the nadir of this league for me, but I truly thought it was in my right and my ethical realm to make my team as best I could, and since we CAN trade cap money, I did.

My trade is fair too. It wasn't like M. Harrison and Brooks for Couch. It was exactly fair and it's merit is enough on it's own. The real crime is that this Woe is me crap is thriving in the league-

Crap like- whiners screaming why are you bidding at the last possible moment- we have a deadline for a reason....if you want a guy badly enough be there for that freaking moment. IT is not random, it is the same every week. To throw in honor or lack their of because someone bids at 6:59- or can't and someone else does for them, is the most lame tantrum I have ever heard entertained.

And now to parlay this trade as if it were at all wrong, and misguided with the intent of colluding to rid some fools of there money? Please! Quit thinking the world is out to get you, and do something about it. Get smarter, get prepared, and get freaking over it.

I agree fully ...make your team as best as you can.

However the future considerations needs to be looked at. I know none in this league except Martin. If 2 teams have trades on a semi-regular basis that push the rules(all contingincies can not be accounted for) it raises questions. This does not be all should be abandoned it's time for a rethink to make it better.

Jerry

For the record- Andy and I have traded twice. Once at the beginning of the year and again today. I also, traded Hank last year, and have traded j-bob this year. Your evidence or innuendo for hinting that- as you put it- "If 2 teams have trades on a semi-regular basis that push the rules(all contingincies can not be accounted for) it raises questions" - this is totally BS!

Do you truly feel twice can be considered semi-regular?

Slander is a serious crime, and it is getting highly tolerated to date. I hope it stops soon.

If you want to make a claim support that argument, with some empirical evidence and make a point.

Terry-

My only point with this whole thing is that you seem to be doing all of Andy's dirty work......and thereby managing his team (and yours). Since you have the ability to manage both teams, it puts the rest of us at a disadvantage.

No one needs to quit.

I for one disagree with "future considerations" because it is not a definite thing and isn't something that is real.

True, I should have been there to not get screwed last week...my bad. It was the intent that I questioned. You and Andy were trying to screw me, and you did. My bad. Next time I'll be aware who I am playing and sit at my computer on Thursday night at 8pm (ET), to make sure the two of you aren't plotting something that I wouldn't do myself.

Again, no one needs to quit. If you want Ricky Williams II that bad....he your's. I have no interest in him anymore.

I think the league and the commish need to restate the rules on what is allowed and what isn't. I read the rules that I can trade player X for another player or $$$. I cannot simply give someone a player (for nothing), and I cannot give someone money (for nothing, right in the heat of bidding when that guy has no money).

Think about it, if my strategy is to bid based on all of the other TEAM'S having a certain amount of dollars, then that's how I bid. However, if at the last second one of my opponents (who is managing two teams) trades money for nothing (between his two teams), then the advantage has shifted.

My argument is not that you and Andy are constantly trading. My argument is that you seem to be managing Andy's team. That puts the rest of us at a disadvantage. The question is how many bids, moves, trades, starting line-ups have you posted for each other this year? At some point, he needs to do his own dirty work.

Like Jerry........I am 1500 miles away and don't know (or have access) to the rest of the group. Try to look at it from the outside and you might have a different perspective.

No disrespect intended. I'll stop whining if you and Andy start managing your own teams.

Take RW II....he's all yours. Lets clear up the rules for next week.

OUT!!!!!!!!!

Whats slanderous?

The reason this struck a chord with me was I was the one bidding on a guy last year when there was a late trade that gave the guy I was bidding against extra cap room and I didn't get the player.

Again I don't know all of you like you apparantly know each other and therefore the relationships that exist. Please try to see it from that perspective. Obviously what something looks to one isn't what it is to another.

If the exact same thing happened twice even a year apart this is semi-regular and again wheres the slander. Congressional elections occur semi-regularly, how often are they?

This is no different than someone bidding on 2 players and the total bids exceded his cap room. That was not covered in the rule.

My point is simple future considerations should not be allowed. Trades just before the free agent deadline to give someone more cap room are legal but are an advantage if you know someone well enough to call them and say hey I need cap $ who do you want? I don't know anyone in this league well enough to do that therefore disandvantage me and I understand its my problem. ButI don't have to like it.

If you consider yourself slandered I apologize, thats not the intent. Like I said in my last entry lets look at the rules. If the majority agree that future considerations is ok so be it. As for late cap trades I am at a loss as how to deal with that and in fact don't want trades involving cap $ to go away. I do think trading for next years $ should be looked at.

Jerry