Sign in to follow this  
Pale Rider

Dungeon Schedule?

Hi

I was wondering when the ol' Dungeon schedule will be churned out. I know we have a lot of time but I was curious for curious sake. I was looking at the NFL Schedule and I was figuring out bye week stuff!

I had previously put together a schedule for discussion purposes. I was aiming to have the in-division games not happen in the bye weeks. I posted it somewhere, but nobody seemed to care about it much.

Basically, we'd play in-division games weeks 1-2 and 11-14. The non-division games would be weeks 3-10 when the byes happen. The hope is to avoid a costly loss that counts double if you've got more than a normal share of guys on bye in a given week (not just a loss, but it costs you in the tiebreakers too if it's to a division opponent).

But like I said above, nobody cared. Oh well.

Dungeon Schedule Proposal

Actually, I alternated in-division and non-division games rather than sticking to the bye week idea I had above. (I still strongly prefer the prior post's take on the bye week situation.)

well. that was the system I am/was trying to run...

Your next season schedule is/was based on your finish from the last season run against an established formula.

There are division games each week under the system I had, just like the NFL

Real World Week 1

schedule has St.Louis playing San Fran, New Orleans at Carolina, Cincinnati at Cleveland and Green Bay.

I think we should be having Divisioal games every week.

Injuries and byes happen. The stronger teams will survive.

It is not a critical issue to me (overall design factor), but I would prefer to continue the system already in place and remove the Divisional games from the Free Agent rank order.

As whoisjgalt said, it was discussed but there was not a large based desire to change.

i prefer sticking with current schedule design, as i feel lumping all the divisional games together could create more problems than it solved in terms of bye's. if a player was injured for a 3 week period that happened to fall during the critical divisional run then that could hurt a team much more than a single bye imo.

i prefer sticking with current schedule design, as i feel lumping all the divisional games together could create more problems than it solved in terms of bye's. if a player was injured for a 3 week period that happened to fall during the critical divisional run then that could hurt a team much more than a single bye imo.

exactly what I was going to say