Sign in to follow this  
Thin Spirit

1.12 - Ciatrick Fason, RB, MIN, JR40T

I was stuck between Fason and Frye for my 1.12 pick and managed to pick them both up at the expense of TJ Duckett.

Duckett does have some promise, but I cant see him ever being Atlantas everydown back, I think he will always be sharing carries not only with another RB but obviously with Vick as well. He has had a very up and down career, and cant be depended on as an every week starter right now.

Minnesota has a foggy situation at RB right now, but givin time I think its going to come down to Moore/Fason...with Fason having the upper hand in skills. I dont see Minnesota trading up in the 4th round to grab another RB for no reason other then the have a 6th RB on the team. I watched him play plenty at Florida and think he will be succesful in the NFL, especially in the Vikings offense if given a chance to carry the ball.

If Walt wouldnt have picked Rodgers I was going to go Rodgers/Frye back to back and really set up my QBs for the future. But right now I think I'm sitting pretty good with Leftwich, Rivers and Frye...it gives me a young base at the position and next year at this time I think Frye will be preparing to start opening day for the Browns.

Benson/Clarett/Fason/Frye is a nice trio to add for the future...I'm trying to build for the future while staying competitive now, we'll see how it works.

:shocking: I was hoping for him to drop just a little bit further. Nice pick.