Sign in to follow this  
siberianex

New Feature Request

Hello Guys,

Would there be a chance to add distance scoring? For example 0-9 yds 6pts, 10-29 yds 12 pts? Something like that. This would be good for each position so we can adjust the scoring.

Thanks,

Siberianex

There is always a chance. Stay tuned.

Here is what I suggested to someone else who uses a distance scoring system, so you can see the type of analysis I would go through to apply a distance scoring to the Compiler inputs.

Question:

My league has a tiered

distance scoring system and I want to make sure that I

input it correctly into the program to provide me the

best results. Here is the break down of the scoring

system, I was hoping that you can tell me what I need

to enter into the FF Pts and Per Unit cells to make

sure i'm getting the most out of the program.

Touchdown 1-9 yards 3 points

Touchdown 10-19 yards 4 points

Touchdown 20-29 yards 5 points

Touchdown 30-39 yards 6 points

Touchdown 40-49 yards 7 points

Touchdown 50-74 yards 8 points

Touchdown 75 yards and above 10 points

Response:

About your scoring system, this is one of the things I get the most email on as we can't apply all scoring systems 100% to the Compiler. Distance TDs is one of those items that cause problems. So, what I tend to suggest is using an approximation of the scoring to get rankings that reasonably reflect the scoring.

In your case yours is not too bad. Here is what I would suggest:

1. 4 to 5 points per rush TD for RB. RB tend to score the shortest TD due to the goal line carries, so it is better to use a lower number here representing the 1-29 yard range.

2. 5 to 6 points per pass TD for QB. QB will score a wide range of distances as they distribute passes to WR, TE and RB. Should be a little longer than RB rush TD.

3. 6 points per receive TD for WR. This being the position most likely to score from long distance, we should expect the most points from them.

4. 3 to 4 points for QB rush TD. 5 to 6 points for RB receive TD. Similar reasoning as above.

5. 5 to 6 points per receive TD for TE.

Overall, I think you can see what I am doing here. The best thing to do is to try some different scenarios, run the results and see what happens. Are they reasonable?

Even after you've finalized the scoring system you want to use, you might want to bump up and down some guys because they tend to score longer or shorter TD than average at their position.

For example, Randy Moss will catch longer than average WR (although he is already ranked very high), while Keyshawn Johnson will catch shorter than average. Mike Vick will run longer than average QB. See what I mean?

If you apply similar analysis to your scoring system, then I think the Compiler will still provide reasonable results to reflect the distance scoring.