Sign in to follow this  
Hoos First

Anyone here want to do an auction league?

Never did one, and I thought it might be interesting. I would rather it not be for big money just something to try, maybe $25. And I would prefer it be a 1 year thing, no dynasty.

Obviously I would want someone else to run it, since I havent done it.

I'm in an auction/keeper league, and it is fun as hell.

It is really, really hard to do over the internet, however. You would almost have to get together a conference call to be able to do it properly...they also take forever. Like 4-5 hours.

I'm in an auction/keeper league, and it is fun as hell.

It is really, really hard to do over the internet, however. You would almost have to get together a conference call to be able to do it properly...they also take forever. Like 4-5 hours.

You'd have to arrange for an afternoon on a weekend when everyone could get together in a chatroom to do the auction. And because sh!t happens you'd want to collect more geeks than league openings so that backups are set. Maybe have 16 geeks lined up and if an odd number show up for the auction have a way to decide which geek gets cut (or has to find another quickly to be allowed to stay). Of course having everyone pay ahead of time ought to lessen the no-show issue. But still, something could come up.

Say if you're #15 of the 15 that do show up, you get your money back plus half of the no-show guy's payment (he gets the other half back - or not).

Or something like that ...

Also, Zap has a lot of experience with this. You might want to chat with him.