Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Travis Henry - #5?

I am a little weary of Henry being listed as the #5 pick off of the compiler - ahead of Duece, Faulk, and S Alexander.

I feel he should be below all of these guys. I used 100% of the compiler last year and did not use any outside prediction files. I am thinking I may import some other Excel docs and see what happens...

Any thoughts? :confused:

I can understand your concern, but Travis Henry had a very good year last year and Duece McCallister and Marshall Faulk were both injured throughout various times of the year last year. Shaun Alexander is way too up and down to be rated higher than Travis Henry. Alexander had one very huge game last year, but other than that single game didn't do a whole lot. Buffalo should be a much better team this year than last and with Bledsoe's passing ability, Henry should put up big numbers again this year.

Thanks for the reply. I guess, I always get in the rut of it I just flat out don't like a guy (like Henry) I shy away even in the draft.

I agree about alexanders big game Sunday night last season but he still put up 1718 total yards and 15TDs to Henry's 2003 and 13 - pretty comparable. Plus Henry has a lot of guys behind him that will be wanting time...

Just a follow up from another perspective. Henry may be ranked higher in your league's draft based on your scoring model. In my league, he comes up rated #10.

Good point Lodger. In leagues that emphasize the run more than receiving, Henry will probably bump up a bit more. Plus Mike K. is really high on him this year. The Bills are talking the talk they want to run more, which makes sense given the loss of Price (Reed cannot replace him 100%), Riemersma, and bringing in Mark Campbell at TE. Personally I'm not worried about Olandis Gary stealing very much.

I hope the projections are right, being a Bills fan and all :)

I ran the compiler and Henry is # 7 on my list behind Faulk and Mcallister, so your scoring system comes into play. Faulk Has been injured the last 2 years and is getting older. Shawn Alexander very unpredictable as is his coach. Hasselback is below average at best and Dilfer is recovering emotionally and physically. Seattle will air the ball more this year with Robinson healthy. Henry will get the goal line carries. Hey the point difference between all those backs can't be more than 10 points, and we all know that this is not an exact science. I would draft any of them. Henry has come into camp very buff and ready to prove he is a top back.

This is a very interesting pick.

I have Henry moving up on my card.

He should be a safe pick ahead of

Mcalister, Alexander and Edge.

Probably behind Faulk and Priest.

I'm looking 6th slot for Henry.

If my 1st round pick is lower than 6,

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he

will hang around for a couple of picks.

I'm staying away from Ahman Green this year.

Ya, that's the great thing about the compiler, it doesn't list players based on NFL standards or NFL experts, it lists then based off of your own league settings. I've got Henry rated 3rd on my compiler, as touches and yards play heavily in my league (he was 4th in touches and 5th in yards last year) so it just depends on the league settings.

Another thing to keep in mind with Henry is that he will want to shine this year since Buffalo may be looking to unload him at the end of the year and go with Willis McGahee (sp?) next year once his knee has healed completely.

just for fun, use your scoring system settings but change the compiler to use 2002 full year.

see where henry lands.