Sign in to follow this  
G-bomb

Projection Pal Problem

Hello, I'm having some problems with the Projection Pal. I've entered the webpage for Fantasysharks http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Projecti...Projections.php

When I update projections, nothing appears. Then I tried the Edit Query instruction. I select the table and press import. Then I get an error saying there is no data to import.

I also have another question, if I use projection pal and put in another site's projection but not all players in the new site's projections, how are they accounted for? For example, FFToday has a projection for J.P. Lossman. However, Fantasydocs does not. Does that mean that J.P. gets a 0 for all calculations? Or is the 0 just not averaged?

Thanks.

Hi G-bomb. Some people are having trouble with the web query. It obviously doesn't work the same in different versions of Excel. What I've been suggesting is to copy the projections off the web and paste them in to Projection Pal in the appropriate section on the position raw tab. You will therefore have completely bypassed the web query steps.

Then pick up the instructions later where you change the headings, row numbers and pull the data into the Compiler.

As for players not in the import projections, it will include that player in the average at a value of zero for the imported projections. Really, they don't project Losman? Thats a little weird considering he is the starter.

Hi Mike,

I actually tried copying and pasting but when I copied to compiler, none of the info showed up. Not sure what the problem is. I have Excel 2003. Fantasy sharks worked in the past so I'm not sure what's going on. Any other suggestions?

Also, I was wrong about J.P.....he was just on the next page.

Thanks.

Don't copy to the Compiler. Copy the projections from the web to Projection Pal. Let Projection Pal clean the data and move it over to the Compiler.

Right, I should've been more specific. I copied the info to the projection pal and then I clicked on the Copy to Compiler button.

I just figured out the reason. It's because Fantasysharks has the player's name in last name, first name format where the compiler has it in first name last name. Is there any way to compensate for this besides changing all of their names in the individual cells? Or should I just look for some different projections besides fantasy sharks?

Thanks.

Well, once you have the projections in there, follow the step where you need to change the headings in the yellow cells to identify what each column is. If their format is [Last, First] then change the heading to reflect that. Also make sure to identify the first and last player rows using the numbers in the grey cells. Once that is done, then you can use the Copy to Compiler function.