Sign in to follow this  
ltrain

how do you suggest i add some notes

i had used a cell in the draft buddy to add some notes. (players chainging teams, coming off injury, players benefiting form departures etc. etc.) However when i updated the sheet, my notes went by by. do you have suggestions on how i might not loose notes in the future? Thanks, Train.

BTW this stuff rocks and Steve Young is the man!

Don't know for sure, but maybe if you have the "Clear Keepers and Draft Picks During Setup" box unchecked it won't change them. Try putting something in, having the box unchecked, and clicking "Setup Draft Buddy", and see if that works.

If you are putting the notes on the draft input tab, then I think it will still wipe them out even with that option unchecked.

Hmm... best place for the notes... thats a tough one. I'm not sure there is really anywhere in Draft Buddy where you can put them, where they will stick with the right players if you do an update. Say for example I suggest using Excel comments (Insert > Comment) on the offense tab. If you run the setup again (presumably because there has been an update) then the rankings could change and the comments all of a sudden be with different players. (Or get wiped out. I'll have to check that.)

Can you give me an example of some of the notes you input ltrain, so I can get an idea how long they are? I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with.

If you are putting the notes on the draft input tab, then I think it will still wipe them out even with that option unchecked.

Hmm... best place for the notes... thats a tough one. I'm not sure there is really anywhere in Draft Buddy where you can put them, where they will stick with the right players if you do an update. Say for example I suggest using Excel comments (Insert > Comment) on the offense tab. If you run the setup again (presumably because there has been an update) then the rankings could change and the comments all of a sudden be with different players. (Or get wiped out. I'll have to check that.)

Can you give me an example of some of the notes you input ltrain, so I can get an idea how long they are? I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with.

I'd like a place to input notes as well. For right now, I have a seperate spreadsheet created with notes aside certain players (works fine for me, but if I could put them in draft buddy that would be ideal).

Example below (notes in bold):

Lee Evans BkWR#3 (Breakout Wide Receiver #3)

Hines Ward Holdout

Plaxico Burress inj

Thanks!

I just suggested this to someone else about this topic:

If you want to add notes maybe the best thing to do is to add a column beside the player names on the rankings pages (offense and idp tabs in Buddy). Click on a cell immediately to the right of the player name, and select Insert > Column. This should not negatively impact the formulas, I don’t think, because they should all update. However, from then on you will NOT be able to run the Buddy setup again as this will cause issue. You should keep a backup copy of Draft Buddy, or you can always download a new one so I guess that isn’t really a big deal.

I wouldn’t suggest putting it right in with the player names because then it will mess up the lookups throughout Buddy.

Not the most ideal solution since you can't run the Buddy setup again, but it should get the job done.

I'd use comments. Select the cell you want to add the note to go to Insert --> Comments. This will allow you to add whatever note you want, but the note will be hiden untl you mouse over the red flag appears in the upper right corner of the cell.

I'd use comments. Select the cell you want to add the note to go to Insert --> Comments. This will allow you to add whatever note you want, but the note will be hiden untl you mouse over the red flag appears in the upper right corner of the cell.

Excellent idea.

Thank you!!

If you add a comment to a cell, it is linked to that CELL. In other words, if you add a comment and re-run projections and the player moves, the comment stays attached to the CELL not the PLAYER.

Does anyone know a work around. Comments would be AWESOME.