Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

Mike & Mike, you may have a new customer

Just joined my job's newly created fantasy league. It's being done on Yahoo! and the rules are some of the more ridiculous I have ever seen (particularly some of the passing statistics).

I have pasted them below. Please take a look at let me know if the Compiler can process all of this information. If so, I'll be ordering it shortly. Thanks.

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, Bench (BN), BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Attempts (-0.5) :mad:

Completions (1) :o

Passing Yards (20 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-3) :wall:

Sacks (-1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (15 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Yards (25 yards per point) :headbanger:

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-3) :headbanger:

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (1)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (2)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (0)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Point After Attempt Missed (-2)

Sack (1)

Interception (3)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (4)

Block Kick (3)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Fractional Points: Yes

Negative Points: Yes

compiler can handle that...

Thanks for the quick answer, zippy.

Now, I'm admittedly a lazy B-stard! Is this thing easy to use (just plug in the numbers and hit "OK", or is there other work involved)? I'm looking for a program that's as low maintenance as possible -- one where I can plug in the info Thursday morning and be ready for my draft which starts promptly at 5 p.m.!

Now, I'm admittedly a lazy B-stard! Is this thing easy to use (just plug in the numbers and hit "OK", or is there other work involved)? I'm looking for a program that's as low maintenance as possible -- one where I can plug in the info Thursday morning and be ready for my draft which starts promptly at 5 p.m.!

if you like the projections from fftoday it is super easy..

enter in your scoring and hit the compile button..

if you want to add your own projections, well that is more work..

or if you want to take them from another site, it is a little effort but the projection pal has simplified that greatly...

i just looked, fg missed distance is not something you can replicate exactly...

but i haven't seen anyone projecting how many 30 yard fg's a kicker will miss...

you do get a general fg miss category though..

you could put in -1 or -2 for a miss...

if you like the projections from fftoday it is super easy..

enter in your scoring and hit the compile button..

if you want to add your own projections, well that is more work..

or if you want to take them from another site, it is a little effort but the projection pal has simplified that greatly...

I trust FF Today's projections enough. I still wouldn't stick to the book with the stats it provides, but this should give me enough data to backup my new draft strategy (which will differ from previous years).

but i haven't seen anyone projecting how many 30 yard fg's a kicker will miss...

Don't spend more than 2 seconds dealing with kicker projections (or kicker anything for that matter). I'd advise you to do the compiler recommended method anyway which doesn't even factor in kickers.......

Don't spend more than 2 seconds dealing with kicker projections (or kicker anything for that matter). I'd advise you to do the compiler recommended method anyway which doesn't even factor in kickers.......

i agree..

just didn't want the guy to think i told him he could put all of his scoring exactly...

i agree..

just didn't want the guy to think i told him he could put all of his scoring exactly...

I've already got my kicker projections lined up based on schedule (Josh Brown has some sweet matchups in Weeks 14-16; Jason Hanson does too and I can likely get him in the last round).

The scoring in this league is different in that it deducts heavily for missed chip shot FGs so I'll be sure to avoid guys like Kaeding, Edinger, and even Janikowski. It's a local league here in Boston so guaranteed Vinatieri is going to go WAY earlier than he should.

Hi GR. You mean you weren't a customer before? :lol: (sniff)

;)

The Compiler also does not have return yards and return TD by player, but we have it for special teams (combined with team defense). Which are you after? Realistically, you'll be better off picking better quality receivers than going for a lower ranked receiver that happens to return kicks and/or punts who may score once in a blue moon.

I also haven't got Krueger predicting how many times a QB will get sacked. I don't want to push him right over the edge - yet! :cry: I'm sure you know who the QB are who get rid of the ball vs. suffer from deer in the headlights syndrome, and will adjust accordingly.

Um... if you join the work league does that mean they will be able to figure out how much time you spend on the forums all day? :thumbsup:

Realistically, you'll be better off picking better quality receivers than going for a lower ranked receiver that happens to return kicks and/or punts who may score once in a blue moon.

I think drafting returners (or at least Dante Hall) would be worth it in this league if not for the 1 point per reception. Under this system, if Dante Hall matches his last year stats, he ranks 49th among WRs. Without all scoring the same, but without 1 point per reception, he ranks 28th, which is backup material in a 12 team league.

I'm still not sure Zac. Even if his end of year ranking is fairly high, I think you'd have an easier time in season predicting an average WR to perform well in your starting lineup than predicting when a good KR/PR will get you decent points.

Hi GR. You mean you weren't a customer before? :( (sniff)

;)

The Compiler also does not have return yards and return TD by player, but we have it for special teams (combined with team defense). Which are you after? Realistically, you'll be better off picking better quality receivers than going for a lower ranked receiver that happens to return kicks and/or punts who may score once in a blue moon.

I also haven't got Krueger predicting how many times a QB will get sacked. I don't want to push him right over the edge - yet! :lol: I'm sure you know who the QB are who get rid of the ball vs. suffer from deer in the headlights syndrome, and will adjust accordingly.

Um... if you join the work league does that mean they will be able to figure out how much time you spend on the forums all day? :thumbsdown:

I've never had a league that required an advanced calculus degree before.

Hey, I don't spend NEARLY as much time on the boards in the past five months (since I started this job) vs. the previous three years where posting WAS my job!

You want to talk advanced calculus, how about bio-engineering plus rocket science? Check this out:

www.gamedayritual.com

See the user guide. It is 46 pages.

We almost have the first FF Today Geeks GDR league off the ground, if we can ever decide when to run their unique Free Agency Blitz (the auction essentially).