Sign in to follow this  
mstephans

Starter Points

The starter points column is the sum of the players projected points that are in the purple rows in the Draft Buddy. But the players that go into those rows aren't the starters. Corey Dillion is on row 3, Ladell Betts is on Row 1, and that costs the team 132 starter points. Granted, my auction is complete, but I would like to see how the compiler stacks me against the other teams. Is there a way to make the starters be in the purple rows without a massive cut and paste job (which my even break the formulas)?

I think it assumes your starters are the first people taken at the position. Was Ladell Betts a keeper by chance?

Edit: Just notice that what I wrote above isn't totally correct either. My starting points is the sum of my QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE, K, and DEF. This doesn't really make sense because my league is 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Of Flex (RB or WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. So it is calculating the scores from 9 players when I start 10. Plus my backup RBs outscore my backup WRs (and I draft them sooner), so I don't know why it is using my WR3 in the equation anyway.

I am not totally sure either. Ours does take the right number of players from each position, and a number of the players are keepers (actually rookie draftees). I don't know if Mike has a way to sort by points, but it seems that without it starter points don't provide much info.

Hey guys. I kind of threw that into Buddy at the last minute. I thought it worked but to be completely honest, I never thought of auction or keeper leagues where the players may not be in the order of starters, then backups. Plus multiple flex spots are causing some issues because Buddy doesn't know what cells to add. I'll have to see if I can improve this in the future. Sorry about that.

Has there been any change in how this works in the 2006 version? Or is the starter points projection not very valuable for auction leagues where starters aren't necessarily the first guys on a roster?

Has there been any change in how this works in the 2006 version? Or is the starter points projection not very valuable for auction leagues where starters aren't necessarily the first guys on a roster?

Thumbs up :thumbsdown: to waffl95 for excellent use of the search function. It is so rare I had to mention it.

Unfortunately though, the starters points is pretty much the same as a year ago (i.e. it takes the top players as starters). I did look at it after someone reminded me of this issue, but couldn't figure it out without developing an extremely complex solution. Part of the "problem" is how the by team tab dynamically creates the rows for each position. I think this would be fairly straight forward if the number of rows by each position was static (except the flex players). As it stands now, I don't have a good answer. I'll try to go back and look at it again. Everyone can see how the data is presented on the by team tab. If anyone else has any ideas, then please toss them out here for discussion.