Sign in to follow this  
DAGAME

Scoring help for Compiler..

Hey Mike or anyone,

I have theCompiler/Buddy and just joined a new league. Their scoring system is a lil' weird and comlex. Below is the scoring system, how should I enter this? :blink:

1 pt every 10 yds rushing starting at 50, bonus at 100

1 pt every 15 yds rec. starting at 30, bonus at 100

2 pts for 100 yds passing

1 pt every 25 yds starting at 150

2pt. bonus at 400 yds

1 pt every 2 receptions, starting at 3

1 pt every 4 completions, starting at 10

Thanks for all you help!

Do they get 5 points at 50 yards rushing, or 0, with the first point showing up at 60 yards rushing? Whatever answer you give for this I would assume the rules are applied similarly for the other stats too. What are the bonus points for hitting certain milestones?

If a RB gets 49 yds rushing they get a BIG FAT 0. The first point starts at 50 then at 60 it would be 2 and so on.

Bonus at 100 is 2 points.

1 pt every 2 receptions, starting at 3. SO at 3 you get 1 point and then second point at 5 and so forth.

For a WR the first point is received at 30 and then 2 points at 40 and so forth. Bonus at 100 is 2 points.

QB gets first point at 150 yards, second point is received at 175 yds and so forth.

Bonus at 400 is 2 points.

1 pt every 4 completions, starting at 10. SO at 10 you get 1 point and then second point at 14 and so forth.

Thanks again for your help.

I have similiar scoring in my league and am having issues with scoring.

Passing for QB 1pt for 150yards, 3pts for 200yards, 3pts for 250yards, etc

RB/WR 1pt for Ruch/Recieve yards, 3pts for 100 Rush/recieve yards, 5pts for 150 Rush/Recieve yards, etc

Still haven't figured out how to input this in the excel sheet. :wall:

Okay guys, as you might have seen from other questions people have posed, the issue with scoring system such as these are you need game-by-game projections to replicate them exactly. As you know, the Compiler includes season projections. I don't believe someone can reasonably produce game-by-game projections, for the whole season in advance.

However, that isn't to say the Compiler is no good to you. What we need to do is use the scoring options in the Compiler to approximate your league scoring as close as we can, and then you will have a solid set of rankings from which to work from.

First DAGAME's scoring, lets try this:

1 per 25 rush, and give a +5 bonus for a 100 yard rushing game (this actually overstates slightly at 100 yards, but is about right on at 110 yards)

For receiving I thought it was 1 per 15, but your second note says the second point is earned at 40? If 1 per 10 starting at 30, then lets use 1 per 20, and give a +6 bonus for a 100 yard receiving game

QB is tougher... 1 per 75 gives... 2 at 150, 3 at 225, 4 at 300. Your scoring gives 1 at 150, 2 at 175, 3 at 200, 4 at 225, 5 at 250, 6 at 275, 7 at 300. Hmm... lets do 1 per 50 and give a +2 bonus for a 300 yard passing game. Although you shouldn't score any points for less than 150, any QB you drop into your starting lineup each week had really better manage 150 yards in that game.

1 per 2 on receptions. That seems close enough with a low threshold.

1 per 5 on completions.

Run that and if the scoring for any one position seems too high or too low, then you can always go back and tweak it and run the Compiler again.

ManU - I will be back in a bit to answer yours. That last one wore me out (and my daughter is calling me).

Mike, thanks so much for your response. I have been an active participant on this site for 4 yrs. and a fan before that. This is my second year buying the Compiler not because I need it but it is a handy tool, mainly I buy it because I don't mind contributing to this great information this site provides for all us fantasy football nuts. I appreciate the fact that you guys take the time to answer everyone individually and interact occasionally.

Anyways, for WR it was 1 pt every 15 yds rec. starting at 30, bonus at 100. In my hurry I mis-typed it the second time. SO I am going to do 1 per 20 and +3 at 100 what do you think?

P.S. Are you guys doing anything to fix the problems that the servers are having on a regular basis. It is a shame that us regulars can't log on regularly for the info needed.

Lets see...

30 yards = 1 point

45 = 2

60 = 3

75 = 4

90 = 5

100 = 5 + 2 = 7

105 = 8

120 = 9

at 1 per 20, +3 at 100, it is:

20 = 1

40 = 2

60 = 3

80 = 4

100 = 5 + 3 = 8

120 = 9

Yes, that seems to work pretty well for the 1 for 15 scoring.

P.S. Are you guys doing anything to fix the problems that the servers are having on a regular basis.

Yes, absolutely we are working on it. Don't take the lack of many public announcements to indicate we don't care about it. We're more frustrated than anyone. It just is taking a lot of time for the right solution to get implemented. As an aside, I felt the forums worked much better today.

I have similiar scoring in my league and am having issues with scoring.

Passing for QB 1pt for 150yards, 3pts for 200yards, 3pts for 250yards, etc

RB/WR 1pt for Ruch/Recieve yards, 3pts for 100 Rush/recieve yards, 5pts for 150 Rush/Recieve yards, etc

Still haven't figured out how to input this in the excel sheet. :thumbsup:

Hi ManU. Sorry this took so long to get back to you.

For the rushing/receiving, if I'm reading that right I think a 1 point per 33 yards would work well.

For passing, I might be inclined to go with 1 per 50 yards. I understand QB would be overstated because they shouldn't get any points for the first 100 yards, but it is a rather low threshold which all starters should hit, and the scoring will effectiely overstate all QB the same. They will each be 2 points over (2 points on first 100 yards) for 16 games, or 32 points. Since they are all overstated the same amount, it will not impact the overall rankings at all, and the positional rankings will still order the QB the same as before.

Cheers.

Thanks Mike. I see what you are saying. I might tweak the pts per yard a bit to try and get a better baseline. But thanks no less.

I bet you will be happy once drafting season is over. Within the last 2 weeks this forum has exploded (and this isn't even looking at the emails sent in).

Nice job though.

By the way, this is the FIRST time I have EVER paid for cheat sheets/draft sheets. Once everything went fee base this is the only place I considered purchasing from. Thanks again. :lol: