Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Playoffs and a rule you may not be aware of...

Hey, did you know that we start:

1DL

1LB

1DB

2Dflex???

I refer to this as a "mandatory DL" because many leagues, especially old Sandbox and current Yahoo, do not force the play of lineman. And because lineman rarely put up the tackles as LBs and DBs they are on average the lowest scoring IDP position. Making DLs mandatory is like making TEs mandatory. Personally, I think it's the best way to play.

BUT, that 1LB and 1DB are also mandatory if you have a strange love for your DLs. Ayatollah, you didn't start an LB. You lost the game, but per my previous post on the topic I should delete Milloy's 10 from your score this week. Since, I suppose this wasn't "completely clear" :mad: and you lost, I'm going to let it slide with this final clarification.

I've been asked about our playoff structure in email and figured it best to post it here for those of you who don't remember.

There will be two playoff brackets each consisting of four teams. One bracket will have the top four teams seeded 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. This is the championship bracket. The team with more total points at the end of the season gets the higher seed in cases of equal overall records. The other bracket consists of teams 5-8 seeded 5 vs 8 and 6 vs 7. This is the Invitational bracket, meaning the team that loses both games in this bracket doesn't get invited back next year along with the non-playoff teams. Thus, the top seven teams are decided by the playoffs, not overall points or records. The season finale is week 14. The playoffs are weeks 15 and 16. Any questions?