Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Playoffs?? Playoffs?!?!

After deactivating Diesel19 and the LeanMachine (and you know this, mannnnnnn!!!), clinching a playoff spot with two weeks to go, it was time for the Shark Jumpers to celebrate.

"We fought hard to get where we are today and now we can smile a bit because we did what we had to do," said workhorse back Ricky Williams, whose two fourth-quarter touchdown runs propelled his team to victory. "It's been a tough season for some guys like myself and Jerry [Rice], but we had enough players who stepped up this season to get it done."

In other news, quarterback Steve McNair left this week's game in the first half but denies that he has an injury. "Calf? What calf? I sat out the second half so that my man Billy could get some playing time. I knew we were going to win the game."

Tight end Shannon Sharpe didn't seem concerned about his injury, a possible broken rib, either. "Yeah but did you see me catch that 28 yard pass on Bobby Gray? I schooled him like Mr. Escalante! He was all, 'Scoreboard! Scoreboard! n' shit. But all they did was get a worse draft pick for next year. They aren't too bright in Chicago."

Halfback Warrick Dunn did not share his teammates' positive attitude. Dunn suffered a foot injury and may be lost for the season. The news comes as a major disappointment to Coach Johnson, who traded Kerry Collins for Dunn a few weeks ago in spite of criticism. Johnson was already under fire for trading electric rookie Anquan Boldin for the beastly but statistically-challenged Roy Williams a few weeks earlier.

But for now, the Coach isn't worried about second-guesses and what-ifs. "They say it's better to be lucky than good, but so far we've been both. Where you goin' this year, Amani Toomer?"

"To the playoffs!@#" :cool:

I'm shocked over a number of things. One, Barrow's performance, he stepped up bigtime for you. Second, the fact that Culpepper couldn't find the endzone aginst Det's stellar defense :( ILoosing by 4 points is a heartbraker! I'd rather get WOMPED by like 20-30 points. Now i feel the agony Zap felt a couple week back wink If T.J looses atleast one game and i win on out, i have a chance (so do you zap) at 1st place. Not that it really matters though, just as long as your in the top 4. Oh yea! I called it T.J...I said R.W was going to have a huge game.

Mcnair plays what? 1 quarter and outscores Culpepper :) Thats sad, just sad! I deserve the loss.

Enjoy your victory because eventhough you won, it was by a small margin

Next time it will be a different story!